Lightbulb Google+ Brand Page vs FaceBook Fan Page
    What do you think will be more effective page to promote website.

Google+ Brand Page

or

FaceBook Fan Page

Outsourced Program Manager Marsha Liebert's Avatar
    I'm partial to Google+ but that's just me.

Really, you should be doing both. A solid social networking campaign should not be narrowed to just one outlet.

While Google+ has a great following and a more targeted audience of online enthusiasts that are more likely to be involved with a brand page, you won't get anywhere near the volume as you would on Facebook, at least to start.

Now that Google is requiring Google+ profiles on all new account sign-ups, things may change, but the Facebook is still the leader in volume and subscribers.
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Marsha Liebert, Sr. Affiliate Manager[/COLOR]
    [B]Gen3 Marketing[/B]
    :envelope: mliebert @ gen3marketing.com | :telephone 215-302-1653 | [URL="http://marshaaffiliateblog.blogspot.com"][B]My Affiliate Blog[/B][/URL]

I've gone for both. Though I have more followers on G+ than FB. I've found G+ to contain more tech savvy (and male) people, whereas FB is more of a widespread audience. So it may well depend on your content. A page on Lady Shavers will probably do better on FB, whereas a page on 72 button gaming mice will do better on G+.

Both are best for convert of traffic on your website. Fanpage is promote of page of facebook and Business page are famous for Google+.

Which is best facebook or Google+
    I would go with Facebook. It is because Facebook has higher penetration than Google+. Since it is a new social networking platform people still want to know the technicalities and subtleties of the platform. if you are a business to business organization you need to target your market through Facebook.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfa View Post
    A page on Lady Shavers will probably do better on FB, whereas a page on 72 button gaming mice will do better on G+.
    That's the same thing I've noticed on FaceBook. Still I'm implementing various strategies on both of the social network brand pages. Please share your experiences also.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Liebert View Post
    I'm partial to Google+ but that's just me.

Really, you should be doing both. A solid social networking campaign should not be narrowed to just one outlet.

While Google+ has a great following and a more targeted audience of online enthusiasts that are more likely to be involved with a brand page, you won't get anywhere near the volume as you would on Facebook, at least to start.

Now that Google is requiring Google+ profiles on all new account sign-ups, things may change, but the Facebook is still the leader in volume and subscribers.
    Facebook started in 2004 & it took years to come up but as you know Google is the king in every thing on the internet whereas Facebook is limited to a social network.
    Last edited by Rock Howard; February 12th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Google+ Brand Page
    Something is prompting me this option.

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Make both, put more effort in the facebook page
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Are there any special skills necessary for Facebook Fan page development like programming knowledge & web designing?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Are there any special skills necessary for Facebook Fan page development like programming knowledge & web designing?
    Maybe some image creation/editing. Start by reading all the help screens Facebook offers then google for other sources.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Maybe some image creation/editing.
    You mean like understanding FBML language to create plug-in and applications?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    No, I mean you need some graphics skills.

Alright when I'll update my Facebook page I'll be glad if you review it.

i like facebook fan page, compare to google+ people browse facebook much.

that's why...

Google+ Brand Page vs Facebook Fan Page
    Hello
    I like Facebook fan page because with the help of Facebook we are getting more popularity and Google+ is also good but if we compare Google+ with Facebook then Facebook fan page is more famous.

Google has finally made changes to it's Google+ Layout. Now you can select a template or simple photo for your profile picture.

Yes i heard that google changed G+ Layout. I use Facebook fan page and believe that no body is near to ti. But now i want to make a G+ brand page. But problem is i have not much Friends Email ids in google id. I am quite comfortable with facebook fan page.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I think you go with both - the audiences can be a bit different and their activity feeds into different engines. Facebook likes and page activity is showing up nicely in Bing from what some SEO friends have told me while G+ obviously feeds Google.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread