Getting a Primary Link for CJ and GAN
    I have been digging through CJ and GAN to try to figure it out without any luck so I thought I'd ask here. I'm looking to grab through a script a primary link (an affiliate link that will never expire and always work) for each merchant I am approved with. All other networks seem to provide this information (AVL gives you an easy way to build one through your PID and AID), but CJ and GAN seem to make things difficult.

CJ's API doesn't have a response field for any link to the merchant. After asking the same question numerous times to their support as the person answering had almost no knowledge, I was basically told you have to go in and hand select the link for each merchant. They have no way to automate grabbing a link and have no way of building a link based on a cj.com domain, your PID and the MID. It just seems odd that they wouldn't have any way to automate this process or build a link. So, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone here had any ideas on if this is possible? I could just grab a link for each merchant that I have in my DB, but these links could expire if the product / deal gets removed from the cj system. I was hoping for a better solution.

Same sort of question with GAN. I will admit, I haven't' been able to automate grabbing active merchants through GAN. I think I need a coder from MIT to get it working right. So, I was just going to download a CSV file with my active merchants. But again, this doesn't give a primary link for any of the merchants. I can't seem to figure out how to build one either.

Anyone have any tips on what to do?

Thanks!

Agree, don't know how to find the primary link since the interface changed either. Ooops, read this without reading completely so don't know about grabbing through a script. I was just referring to being able to go into GAN's interface and get the primary link.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    I was just referring to being able to go into GAN's interface and get the primary link.
    I didn't look at all merchants, but the few that I checked out had a link marked 'Primary' as the last link in the system.

4. Thanks From:

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread