Can we sign up to GAN without adsense?
    A friend of mine signed up to GAN. Earn $147 (at a start). When he logged in to adsense he got this message:

Your application is still being reviewed. You will see only the background of your web page instead of live ads until your account has been fully approved.

Well, we understand that he is not approved for adsense yet (I've heard adsense require 2 approval). However, she's not interested to put any adsense ads. Only GAN.

So what should she do?

Wait until Adsense approved

ABW Ambassador
    You have to have an approved Adsense account in order to participate in GAN. GAN issues payments through the Adsense account. Your not required to place Adsense ads on your website if you don't want to.

Hope that helps.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

You do have to be approved for AdSense to join the Google Affiliate Network. You do not have to run AdSense ads. If you would like your request further reviewed, please submit a ticket through our Help Center.

Thank you,

Jamie

5. Thanks From:

But to be approved for adsense he need to put an adsense ads. So how can he get approved without putting adsense ads? What should he do now?

He can logged in to adsense. I thought he is already approved. The message show up only after accounts.

Will his adsense account be approved if he just wait and adsense got "paid" from GAN?
    Last edited by pluver; February 9th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.

Yes

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Hello,

Your friend should submit a support ticket for further information regarding this situation. Here is an article for additional information.

Thank you,

Jamie

Done after 2 weeks no reply whatsoever.

Hello,

Please send me the support ticket number or forward me the support email sent for review.

Thank you,

Jamie
    Jamier[at]google.com
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    Hello,

Please send me the support ticket number or forward me the support email sent for review.

Thank you,

Jamie
    Jamier[at]google.com
    Where do we get the support ticket number?

Hello,

It is usually in the subject line of the email if you received an auto reply confirmation. If not, can you please forward it to me at jamier[at]google.com?

Thank you,

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

I sent another support ticket and watch carefully if I get a confirmation email. I don't. So I guess I'll just ask the guy to email you.

You don't accept pm do you?

Update. The friend got paid anyway. Still there is a big red button saying that account is on hold. Looks like I can't put adsense but payment is not on hold. Heh. Who care. Thanks for the help though.

Thanks Jamie. Now I know who to contact.

15. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have to ask why you are doing this third party, why is your friend not discussing this himself?

17. Thanks From:
    kse

Hello,

Yes you or they can send me a PM or email.

Where did you submit a support ticket. Do you have the link or email address you sent to?

Thank you,

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Because my friend doesn't have an account and abestweb. Also I have several friends. I am more of a consultant. I am sorry if this is the problem. If so, I can ask him to ask around here himself.

Anyway, he just cashed in the western union payment. Everything is good.

We used this form Contact us - Affiliate Network Help all we got is a thank you page but no email confirmation whatsoever. Problem is solved anyway.

I am not sure why it still says payment on hold but google pays anyway. Looks like there is a glitch or something in the system.

Because my friend doesn't have an account and abestweb.
    Why doesn't your friend have an account at ABW?

21. Thanks From:

Do you want me to invite them here? This seems like a great place to hang out.

To be frank with you, I didn't know that much about abestweb.com either. I was surprised you have a PR of 9 My main income is from domain parking and not affiliate. It's not till recently I found out that affiliate programs are easier because we can simply buy traffic.

Also we're in a big office and there are rules against having multiple accounts. I am the only one that like to hang out on forums building connection, etc. The rest just come when needed.

Then I was surprised to see that google has representative here, and so is linkshare. I thought wicked fire is the #1 affiliate forum. Don't worry, they're not competitors to you. The crowd and offers is too different You seem to aim for top tier affiliate program and they, well, who knows what.

ABW is 10 years old with over a Million posts and 100,000 sign-ups. Ask your friend rather than playing the middle man. If you share the same computer with the same IP address that is a problem. Let me know if that is the case and I can modify the accounts.

Yes Google and LinkShare have forums here and their moderators are active in helping affiliates. Wickedfire is more of a black hat forum which is something we discuss here but not promote.

It's already way off topic of the original post. You mean you discuss black hat?

Some people think that black hat means fraudulent and evil. However, quite often it's simply whether you're introvert or extrovert.

In fact, if you're introvert you're black hat. Say you have data and you build a program to automatically display that (like list of restaurants with addresses). Tada that's black hat because it's automatically generated content. Say you tell people about free acai. Now that's white hat.

Well, say you start putting that list not on your own website but on thousands of blogspot. Well, you make 1, that's great. You make 1 million and suddenly it's bad. Puzzles me to no end

Kind of unfair I think.

This should be another topic.

Abestweb.com is a big forum. It doesn't look as crowded as blackhatworld.com for example. Maybe it's just the design.

Some of my posts like http://www.abestweb.com/forums/googl...es-153075.html simply don't have answers. I guess the answer is no.
    Last edited by pluver; March 7th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread