OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Nominations: Best Affiliate Network in '11
    Please submit your nominations for this category through 8pm EST on Monday February 13th. On Tuesday February 14th the polls will be posted and they will run until midnight EST Tuesday February 28th .

The winner will be announced on March 1st.

Please write a few sentences why you nominated the network you chose. Additional comments in support or against the nominee is welcomed.

Shareasale

AvantLink
    Why: Best support team, Best affiliate tools.

Pepperjam.

They pay on time or early.

They have a good - and growing - selection of merchants to work with.

Good linking tools; their storebuilder works, the store/page builders on other networks are garbage.

They suspend or terminate merchants who have removed tracking mechanisms from their websites. Any network that cannot monitor and protect affiliates in this way should not be considered for any "best network" award in any venue (hint, hint... one of the previous nominations in this thread is very lackadaisical in this regard )

If an affiliate has questions or issues to be resolved, a human being is only a phone call away, with no brush-offs or delays.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

5. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Pepperjam
    They appear to HAVE improved in the areas you mentioned since we dropped them in early 2010, specifically suspending merchants (which they were very bad in doing - got tired of chasing commissions). Have even considered going back this year.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Shareasale
    I love Shareasale the best. They built an OPM dashboard for my team to easily manage the programs we have on there. My trouble tickets get immediate action on their end. They offer the basic tools for managing programs and they are always adding new ones.

8. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Shareasale
    Gets my vote as well;
    but wish they would stop making changes
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

10. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have high regard for AvantLink and Shareasale in their own rights.

I would like to nominate Commission Junction. They have the largest body of affiliates that as an OPM I can easily access. My account management team sends me weekly affiliates and opportunities for extra placements, slotting deals that other networks don't offer. I can submit weekly to their offers portal and monthly newsletters.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'd like to nominate

LinkShare and;
    Commission Junction and;
    Shareasale.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

13. Thanks From:

I'd like to nominate - "Commission Junction"

Because since 99', "CJ" haven't let me down once, yet!

and. also.. #13 is beginning to look like a lucky number for 2012...

(Too bad that the world may end on 12/21/12)...

15. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I only work in the gambling and education verticals as an affiliate these days, so don't know if my nominations would be what you're looking for.

In case they are: I'd like to nominate Plattform Partners - good affiliate managers who know the industry.

17. Thanks From:

Linkshare and Shareasale
    Harish Kumar |Contact
    Head- Pulbisher Management
    Komli

19. Thanks From:

Avantlink has numerous tools for affiliates and really seems to an ethical network.

After reading davidh's post will look more seriously at PJ. Belong to them but hadn't had much luck with the few merchants I had tried. Admit wasn't too happy with link choices either so will look into them more now.

Definitely agree with Nabz. Whenever I've had a problem or questions, nobody is even close to the speed in which they get back to you. Everyone has always been very helpful and probably doesn't mean as much to a lot of affiliates but they've always been very friendly (treat you like you're a person and not just a number) I know any of the big affiliates most likely get a response as soon as they submit a problem or question but since I'm a teeny one, am very impressed how I've been treated by their support team.

Agree with Bibby, also. Kinda think it's a lil funny that all of us can have such different opinions on some of the networks, which tools each has. etc. Some might love some while others don't. Personally, I favor Avant Link's over other networks.

Also think tho that if you have a merchant you really like and they're managed by somebody you really like, doesn't really matter what network they're on.

22. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Also think tho that if you have a merchant you really like and they're managed by somebody you really like, doesn't really matter what network they're on.
    Basically agree. EXCEPT
    After reading davidh's post will look more seriously at PJ. Belong to them but hadn't had much luck with the few merchants I had tried. Admit wasn't too happy with link choices either so will look into them more now.
    I had the same experience. Maybe I'll give it another go, if I ever have the time.

Considerations:
    Competent, responsive people running the show: Shareasale and Buy.at
    Can count on being timely paid: CJ, Sharesale and Amazon (not enough success yet with Buy.at to know but likely also belongs here as well)
    Never know when you might get paid: Linkshare and GAN
    Caveat: I do not work with Avantlink due to lack of relevant merchants for my niches.

Bottom line for me - ease of creating product links: I can't say CJ for the primary reason that they are now the only major network that does not have a convenient, easy to use link generator for creating product links. GAN has one, but after using it for a few months now, it is totally unsatisfactory - 9 out of 10 times, when I put a product into the "find product" box, nothing come up, despite it's availability on the merchant site. I've spent way to much time trying different versions of the product name, usually to no avail. They do have their outstanding BYOL system, but not all merchants have it available. SAS's updated system for finding text links and banners and creating product links is outstanding, as is Buy.at's LinkEngine.

Buy.at still does not have a broad enough array of merchants, for my niches at least, but it's improving all the time. LS still is the stepbrother of parasites. Amazon is perfect in almost every way except for having to sell thousands of products/month to reach a commission rate plateau equal to that of most of the other merchants I promote. Other smaller networks all have problems so not worth mentioning.

In the end (and though my income from them is much less now than in the past due to merchant-related issues not network problems) - Shareasale
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

24. Thanks From:

I would say Commission Junction since I find they a very reliable network and by far has a great selection of merchants. I get email regular from the network asking me what I want and what they can do for me. They pay me every month on time. So I have to give them my vote.

I hear alot of positive comments about Avantlink but I do not use them since I find they have the same merchats that are on the other networks that currently pay me monthly so I see no need to use them.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

26. Thanks From:

This time I don't agree with you on that one...

Because even though I am still an atheist, I know that there is a G____ wannabe out there...

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Shareasale as they have a good interface that lets me search for the metrics I care about.

Also they tend to pay better and the merchants there are less likely to skim off me.

29. Thanks From:

PJ has definitely improved in the past few years and deserves major affiliate network status in my opinion. Recently they revamped their interface which was a major improvement. When ever I've put a request into the network, they've handled it quickly and to my satisfaction.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    Avantlink has numerous tools for affiliates and really seems to an ethical network.
    Agreed. My votes are for AvantLink and ShareASale

Mr. Sal - "This time I don't agree with you on that one..."
    You don't agree with me

AffiliateHound and bibby - after what both of you have said, I will look more into PJ. Still think for me personally I'm better able to make use of AvantLink's datafeeds. Am not a computer smarty like the rest of you so I don't have a clue how to use any of the other networks datafeeds. Will look into their other tools tho and take a closer look at which programs are there.

Said this in one of the other posts too but can't help but giggle a lil how we all have different opinions based on our own experiences. As far as making a lotta money with them Linkshare is definitely low on my list but believe it or not I do make some sales with them and get paid with no problems. Get very teeny checks from them where I'd be waiting forever to get paid from some of the other networks so that is really nice. (Of course, won't get rich that way and maybe if I did make a whole lotta sales I would be waiting to get paid lol ) but do get my lil teeny checks

33. Thanks From:

34. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread