Joining a network without having a site
    Is it possible to join an affilite network without yet having a website?

I want to find a niche to get into. It will be along the lines of either online guitar courses or science related literature, hobby kit / tools etc. These are the things I'm generally interested in and would have no lack of motivation to research.

I noticed that National Geographic has an affiliate program for it's magazine, but one can only access it through commision junction. I tried to sign up but in the registration form they ask for your website. I searched for other products to promote and arrived at trying to set up a google AdSense account. Same story. They ask for a website.

My idea is to join a network to find out what products I can promote, then research the niche and buid a site around the product that's most interesting and profitable. But I can't know what product that's going to be if I can't access the network. How do I hatch an egg without any chicken?
    Please help.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    That's the way the system has been for 10 years!

ABW Ambassador
    United Kingdom
    It sounds to me like you've already decided on a niche or two. Why not set up a simple website related to learning guitar, add a little content (some tabs, techniques, lessons, etc.) and then apply for relevant merchants or for Adsense.

Even if that niche isn't super-profitable, you will, at least, be on your way.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    I see sites with Google as the website. If the merchant allows trademark bidding and direct linking then I accept.

If you need a website in order to get accepted by a network or program that you are interested in, then the best thing to do is just register a domain and put up a website. It only costs 10 bucks. Amortized over the course of the 1-year duration of domain registration, that's only 3 cents per day. If you're not serious enough about what you want to do to invest 3 cents per day in it, you can't expect anybody else to take you seriously either.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread