Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy Hey, I want to ask a question.
    Hey,

Guys, I hope you have a good day.
    I want to ask a question about affiliates. Our webiste is currently a merchant at ShareASale.com and I find that most affliates (in total there are over 980 now and a few more each day) don't bring customers/orders to us.

Does that mean we are not atrracted to quality affliates? I have counted, active affiliates are only about 120 including those have once brought sales for us, and only several affiliates can constantly bring sales to us every day.

My another question is, do we need to deactivate those affiliates that have never brought any sales?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Your job is to work with the active affiliates to help them make sales, non active to get them active!

Like pareto's law, 20% of your affiliates will drive 80% of the results. Except it might be 10/90 or higher. But Chuck's right, the challenge is to elevate the performance of everyone in your program.
    Your Ad Here.

Seems to be a common theme around here lately.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airygirl2008 View Post
    Hey,

My another question is, do we need to deactivate those affiliates that have never brought any sales?
    Hey,

Deactivated affiliates only send business to your competitor...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

Smile
    Thank you very much for your great answers. I know now I need to work hard to communicate with affiliates instead of complaining or trying to get rid of non-active ones.

And I owe Chunk an applogy, I realized later that my introduction post violated the forum rule, I was not supposed to post my website link and it seems I tried to promote too.

Thanks to Chunk, I wasn't punished for that.

If you add too much affiliates to you, you can't manage all. Similarly They too would have been affiliates to many people. So select affiliates with limits.

There generally isn't a reason to deactivate affiliates just because they aren't driving sales. Hopefully, you'll be able to work with them to help them start driving sales. However, you'll want to look out for affiliates that are driving an outrageous number of clicks and no sales because that can sometimes be an indication of a scammy affiliate. (Am I going to get egged for that comment?)

10. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Thanks to Chunk, I wasn't punished for that. [/QUOTE]

Yep, Chunk is a pretty understanding guy!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

When you mean inactive are you only talking about sales or clicks/impressions as well?
    It never hurts to reach out to your affiliates that aren't performing. I don't agree with terminating affiliates. They may turn out to be performers in the future and once you terminate them, they're lost forever.
    Do you send out regular/monthly newsletters with your current promotions or site info? If you don't regularly communicate with your affiliates they will spend time promoting merchants who do.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    It never hurts to reach out to your affiliates that aren't performing. I don't agree with terminating affiliates. They may turn out to be performers in the future and once you terminate them, they're lost forever.
    It takes some affiliates a while to start producing. They may be beginners and if you terminate them they will remember.

Bear in mind, beginners are future super affiliates.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

14. Thanks From:

Dear Bibby on #10, thanks for your concern, we do send weekly newsletters to our affiliates per SAS Newsletter chancel.
    And I am currently collecting contact information by visiting their website and hopefully we can have further direct communicate per email.
    I have run order test within 30 days today and it turns out 66% of sales are from customers who have registered on our website before they place the order.
    Is this a serious things that we need to take care of?
    I am thinking to send promotional emails to these repeat customers regularly instead of letting them to visit us per affiliate's website. So that this may save us a little bit commision. Is this a good solution?

Talking
    A little bit of patience, communication, and encouragement...I agree with the other posts about deactivating an affiliate, your competition is gonna grab them if you do that.

Affiliate Manager
    Dear Bibby on #10, thanks for your concern, we do send weekly newsletters to our affiliates per SAS Newsletter chancel.
    And I am currently collecting contact information by visiting their website and hopefully we can have further direct communicate per email.
    I have run order test within 30 days today and it turns out 66% of sales are from customers who have registered on our website before they place the order.
    Is this a serious things that we need to take care of?
    I am thinking to send promotional emails to these repeat customers regularly instead of letting them to visit us per affiliate's website. So that this may save us a little bit commision. Is this a good solution?
    I have the same issue with the majority of sales coming from just a handful of affiliates and have also been collecting contact info of inactive affiliates. Does anyone have tips on what to say when communicating with inactive affiliates. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nina -Tours4Fun View Post
    Does anyone have tips on what to say when communicating with inactive affiliates. Thanks!
    See this thread...

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/merch...rs-153423.html

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Thanks for pointing me in this direction! So many great tips

The reason they are inactive - either they dont do affiliate sales at all, or they are not satisfies with the way your product sales. Try to promote your product for them, so they want to sell it. Some merchants even get articles and press releases ready for affiliates to simply copy and paste. Those merchants have a lot of affiliates because they make it easy. Definitely don't get rid of affiliates, either active or not, cause they only commission paid, so you are not loosing nothing

At one time I had over 3000 affiliates for accounts, out of that I had 750 active accounts that were daily sending traffic. I would work on the accounts that were inactive from time to time, but after I made sure my active accounts were taken care of
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Oranum View Post
    At one time I had over 3000 affiliates for accounts, out of that I had 750 active accounts that were daily sending traffic. I would work on the accounts that were inactive from time to time, but after I made sure my active accounts were taken care of
    Great point, and the OP has a good question...

this will always be the case, far fewer active affiliates than your overall...sometimes that has to do with the offer, how it's presented, the ease of promoting as many have suggested here but there is a certain % that won't become active

Qualify your affiliates - active - into whales, medium, smaller affiliates
    Qualify your non-active affiliates - look at time since they registered, do they have more complete registration/contact info, deal with each group differently to save time and to appeal to different needs

23. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by WickedDarrell View Post
    Great point, and the OP has a good question...

this will always be the case, far fewer active affiliates than your overall...sometimes that has to do with the offer, how it's presented, the ease of promoting as many have suggested here but there is a certain % that won't become active

Qualify your affiliates - active - into whales, medium, smaller affiliates
    Qualify your non-active affiliates - look at time since they registered, do they have more complete registration/contact info, deal with each group differently to save time and to appeal to different needs
    +1

However, don't be too quick to brush off / deactivate your non-active affiliates...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    +1

However, don't be too quick to brush off / deactivate your non-active affiliates...
    +1

absolutely Convergence...non-active affiliates have taken some action to join your network, that investment of time. At some point they said "hey I think this offer or opportunity is for me/my traffic" (for the most part)...that is worth something, their contact info, worth something

i might suggest not going too far back when trying to re-engage these folks via email especially only due to the decrease in that brand recognition or relationship or their emails being used for spam traps, etc - qualify quickly if you can, if it seems they are not engaged or active see if you can determine that earlier than later

(probably not saying anything that everyone isn't already thinking, but hey)

Hey,

I want to ask a question about affiliates. Our webiste is currently a merchant at ShareASale.com and I find that most affliates (in total there are over 980 now and a few more each day) don't bring customers/orders to us.

Does that mean we are not atrracted to quality affliates? I have counted, active affiliates are only about 120 including those have once brought sales for us, and only several affiliates can constantly bring sales to us every day.

Let me tell you - that making inactiv webmasters active is hard - I am facing this problem for a while now - and I am still stuck with it - Good luck and let me know if you find the perfect solution!
    [URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]$100 CPA / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals[/url]
    [B][URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]We double your first, $100 you make with us [/URL][/B]

Tax Paying Member
    I would like to ask a question........What is the down-side of keeping inactive or low producing affiliates on your rolls?
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    I would like to ask a question........What is the down-side of keeping inactive or low producing affiliates on your rolls?
    You keep reaching out to them, show them something they didn't know, whatever it takes, sometimes just you reaching out personally will get them to try promoting you
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

Exclamation
    Hey,

I have only deactivated affiliates for violating Terms of Service or the Affiliate Agreement.

I have found that just when you think all is lost for a given aff, the guy comes through for you!

Hey; costs me no money to keep an affiliate on my books and the guy or gal may be learning and might even learn well!

I remember a couple of years ago one morning when I checked a bank account and there was like six grand in it that hadn't been there the day before. The funds had been generated by an affiliate who hadn't done a thing for six months.

I was so happy I split it with him and he continued to produce until the program ended.

Your affiliate may be a tortoise:

See:

"Tortoise And The Hare".

Aesop's Fables.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast