The CJ affiliate application process still sucks, after years
    Affiliates have been asking for years to improve the affiliate application process. Are you listening? Definately not.

I get automatically declined most of the time, for no reason. But when I contact the merchants, they approve me. Why should I jump through hoops? I always must email the merchants back and forth to get approved.

Why you cannot insert a simple textare like Shareasale does? Where I could send a message to the merchant with my application?

Sometimes a merchant is active on multiple affiliate networks. For example, I joined a merchant's affiliate program on Shareasale. Now I want to join the same affiliate program on CJ, and I get rejected automatically. So stupid.

No wonder Shareasale has more merchants than CJ! Shareasale listens to user's feedback, CJ doesn't.

Application process on Shareasale = simple, easy, fast!
    Application process on CJ = long, complicated, slow, frustrating.

You get rejected right away and I'm still waiting.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The is a way in CJ to describe your promotional method which may help when you are manually approved. Many program managers don't want work with new apps or apps with no or low network rank as they seldom get active or produce. If its important to you then take the time to contact the manager.

4. Thanks From:

We're a 5 bar publisher & still get auto-declined from most programs (due to our location).
    Merchants, build your own coupon landing pages with [URL="http://couponzor.com/"]Couponzor[/URL] - Example Landing Page: [URL="http://istockphoto.couponzor.com/"]iStockPhoto Coupons[/URL]

Hehe .. Been over 4 years and still waiting for these two to either accept or decline my affiliation request.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

Quote Originally Posted by thegyppo View Post
    We're a 5 bar publisher & still get auto-declined from most programs (due to our location).
    Add to it .. when contacted, some merchants NEVER get back whether they are interested or not.

Geo location of affiliates doesn't matter if your business is focused to the same market that a merchant is targeting. Need I say, "its stupid"?
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    CJ is lacking in communicating with apps that don't relate to your vertical.

We have to email each app and ask how they intend to sell our products, it's time consuming.

There should be two features added,

a way to mass email your declines to ask what there intentions are.

The merchant should be able to customize the declined email to the affiliate, but they refuse to allow that.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Thanks for the new website CJ, but when will you fix this issue (see OP)?

We need a textarea where we can send a message to the merchant together with our application, and merchants should not auto decline most affiliate without at least giving a reason.

Try to copy Shareasale if you don't know any better.

And the popups are so annoying inside the affiliate member area. When I click on a link, there should be absolutely no popup, links should open in the same browser tab.

Agree, also cancelling an affiliation should require a reason. How will the industry grow if new marketers never get a chance.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com View Post

There should be two features added,

a way to mass email your declines to ask what there intentions are.

The merchant should be able to customize the declined email to the affiliate, but they refuse to allow that.
    You're right, they don't allow it. Not only would it save me a heck of a lot of time having to personally address the DM's from declined affiliates, but I also think it would be better for my program. A good amount of the affiliates I decline end up having good intentions and 9 times out of 10 when a declined affiliate personally contacts me I get them into the program.

I feel like a lot of affiliates who get declined just say screw sending a DM and move on to a different merchant. If I could specifically tell them why they're being declined then I feel like they would be more likely to get back to me so we can discuss the situation.
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Perhaps we should start a thread like this one for CJ: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/share...fix-60600.html

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    +1
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread