Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Considering PepperJam as a Merchant (audio industry)
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the affiliate marketing world and have recently joined ShareASale. My company is considering joining a new network and PJ is a possibility, although I wonder why there is not a lot of talk regarding PJ on these forums. What does everyone think of PJ?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Take a look a CJ
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

although I wonder why there is not a lot of talk regarding PJ on these forums.
    Because this forum is composed mostly of members of the Shareasale Fan Club; it's sort of like a high-school clique atmosphere here.

Pepperjam is a good network if using them is economically viable for you, and if you offer a product datafeed so that affiliates can avail themselves of PJ's linking tools. You probably won't be able to extend your reach much more with an additional network if you only offer banners/text links for affiliates to promote with, though.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

4. Thanks From:

And FYI - you don't appear in search results for "velodyne" on Shareasale. Vann's does, though.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

If you have a lot of products, Avantlink has affiliate tools beyond other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Because this forum is composed mostly of members of the Shareasale Fan Club; it's sort of like a high-school clique atmosphere here.
    David, I think that was the case before the latest admin change which always bugged me as well about ABW but I do not think that is the case any longer.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    If you have a lot of products, Avantlink has affiliate tools beyond other networks.
    But Avanlink is not offered on Popshops which many affiliates like myself use for our data feeds. If a merchant was on Shareasale, Pepperjam or CJ, I would prefer to use them on CJ. Stay away from Linkshare and GAN please.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    But Avanlink is not offered on Popshops which many affiliates like myself use for our data feeds. If a merchant was on Shareasale, Pepperjam or CJ, I would prefer to use them on CJ. Stay away from Linkshare and GAN please.
    AvantLink has their own free datafeed tools and scripts that you can use.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    AvantLink has their own free datafeed tools and scripts that you can use.
    But you have to use it only for AvantLink merchants. If I want to offer something for a brand name or a sports team such as the Green Bay Packers, I am restricted to just using AvantLink merchants and nothing else. At least on Popshops, I can use 11 networks, Betty Mills and Amazon in my offering and I am not restricted to one network on AvantLink. I can give my visitors more choices giving me a better chance to make a commission.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Affiliate Manager
    thanks for all of the replies everyone! i wasn't so sure people looked in the PJ forum! my initial talk with PJ went very well and I have a webinar appointment with them today, will let everyone know how it goes.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Pepperjam had a questionable start that put off many affiliates/merchants. Read to the beginning of this sub forum for that history. That said the acquisition of GSI moved the network forward and now that eBay bought GSI we have yet to see where this goes.

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    So I have to ask, why are Avanlink feeds not in Popshops???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I have had this conversation with AvantLink several times. They feel they have superior technology and have made it very easy for affiliate to use their feeds. They can also control the affiliates at the network level and assure the merchant of the quality of referring traffic. They seem to be doing well enough with their existing technology and affiliate base. I also do not feel that PopShops has gone out of their way to work with AvantLink, its a two way street.

So I guess the same holds true for GoldenCAN as well. I guess now I found one reason not to consider using merchants on AvantLink when they are available on other networks.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I have had this conversation with AvantLink several times. They feel they have superior technology and have made it very easy for affiliate to use their feeds. They can also control the affiliates at the network level and assure the merchant of the quality of referring traffic. They seem to be doing well enough with their existing technology and affiliate base. I also do not feel that PopShops has gone out of their way to work with AvantLink, its a two way street.
    It's not about what they feel tho. And for sake of argument, let's say they have the best affiliate tools in the world. So what, this doesn't matter for those who use PopShops and other 3rd party tools (like Goldencan) for that matter. If I make a page with PopShops, it has a certain look and feel to it and I can't incorporate Avantlink's code with that, I can't update via 1 interface, doesn't work. It's a loss to any merchant on their network, if they're exclusive with them. If there is a new merchant with products I can use, they should pick a network that is a little more friendly to tools affiliates use. They are the only network that is not. That will always be a big negative for them.

And Pepperjam works fine. Haven't had any issues.
    Last edited by Trust; February 21st, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Have to agree with others on Avantlink's exclusive datafeeds to their own tools but not provide to third parties such as popshops, goldencan...this has been brought up before but I don't see Avantlink even will consider it. This does trun off many opportunities for both merchans and affiliates. I don't see any good reasons why not provide feeds to popshops.

Back to Pepperjam, they have their own site building tools, but their datafeeds also available to popshops and golden as well. This doubles the opportunities for affiliates and merchants. Over the years, PJ made some positive changes, especially finally re-design the interface from a dark messy background to a new clean look. Their payments are on time.

They feel they have superior technology
    Perhaps they (Avantlink) should try loading one of their storefront scripts to see for themselves how screwed up they are? There's a lot of fanboy talk here pretty often about these "wonderful tools" but I tried them for myself and wound up aborting them because they were too screwed up to leave up on my sites.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    For us it's never been about whether or not our products are superior to any 3rd party products. Chuck, I do not believe I have ever said that to you.

What we have said is that once qualified to our network, access to similar functionality is free to all parties. That's been a good part of our value proposition, and for 5 years we respectfully declined working with 3rd party tool providers for business reasons that served us well.

That said we are now certifying 3rd party tool providers (we are "certifying" to insure tracking works for each tool provider, and will test links periodically) for our network, and over the last year plus we have reached out to PopShops on a number of occasions.. but have not had any success in terms of getting them integrated on our network.

I hope we can get them going b/c I believe they are a quality service.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    davidh, if you have not submitted a ticket yet on the issues you're having please do. Someone will respond promptly.

access to similar functionality is free to all parties.
    The "functionality" that popshops users are alluding to is the ability to merge offers from different merchants on different networks; this is a value proposition on the affiliate's part to make a better selection available to users with less need for "surfing" in order to either find what they want or stumble upon something they'll buy on impulse. Not working with 3rd-party providers may have "served you well", but how much better would you be serving your clients if you were to open the door for more affiliates to be able to promote them?

For us it's never been about whether or not our products are superior to any 3rd party products. Chuck, I do not believe I have ever said that to you.
    You are right Gary, those weren't your words they were mine.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    That said we are now certifying 3rd party tool providers (we are "certifying" to insure tracking works for each tool provider, and will test links periodically) for our network, and over the last year plus we have reached out to PopShops on a number of occasions.. but have not had any success in terms of getting them integrated on our network.

I hope we can get them going b/c I believe they are a quality service.
    I'm glad to hear that AvantLink is working on open up to popshops. I have no problem use Avantlink's tools, just that it is hard to incorporate Avantlink codes into the popshops pages and the results are not good. That's the main reason I choose to join the same merchants who have their programs on both Avantlink and other networks even though I believe Avantlink is the more ethic one.

To open up to quality third party tools will only add a plus to Avantlink network. For the affiliates who prefer to use Avantlink free tools, they can still use them. For the affiliates who've already paied their monthly fee to use popshops service, it provides more merchants to promote. I'm sure Avavtlink merchants will happy to see more affiliates promote their products. So merchants are happy, affiliates are happy, Avantlink is happy. Nobody lose.

26. Thanks From:

Lightbulb
    Avantlink merchants available to PopShops and GoldenCAN? Wow, would that be nice! We could avoid content duplication where we have similar sites that way.

Affiliate Manager
    Hey guys,

This thread has gone a bit off topic, but I truly appreciate all of the responses!

After speaking with PJ several times their network seems to be very solid with great customer service merchants. The only thing I am concerned about is that many affiliates tend to use other networks over PJ?

Affiliates, do you tend to use 1 or 2 networks? Or do you join as many networks as possible?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast