Lightbulb Registering your blog with networks like Technorati!
    Hello!

I want to know how will it effect my blog if I register/enlist it in networks like Technorati, Blogshpere etc. Will my blog get more exposure, if yes then how it works?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We did this back in the day to create backlinks so I am sure that Google can tell when you are building a bunch of backlinks. You can approach this cautiously say submit a few a week.

Hey Chuck!
    Thanks for the followup but your point isn't cleared. Kindly elaborate more.

You submit your site to the social network to get backlinks. Or you can have friend submit or vote the posts.

How would it be effective If I submit it the highly traffic social networking websites like Digg, Reddit, Stumble etc. But I read that these sites ban websites too quickly.

Never used of technorati before? I must try it soon, all I've known is that it is one of the renowned social networking sites

Sounds like they are monitoring so it is no longer a good idea to artificially submit your blog to those social sites.

Install Alexa so you'll know your status. Technorati is a good option too!

Sounds like they are monitoring so it is no longer a good idea to artificially submit your blog to those social sites.
    You mean Technorati shouldn't be considered a top blog submission priority because now they are strictly moderating every blog?

Install Alexa so you'll know your status. Technorati is a good option too!
    I've read a lot about Alexa that if you install Alexa toolbar & embed Alexa code in your website then Alexa will automatically improve your traffic rank even though you might not be getting that much traffic which Alexa is going to show.

Do you think that Alexa ranking is real?

Hello there Rock Howard,

Sites such as technorati.com, mybloglog.com and blogcatalog.com will help you network with bloggers in the same niche as yours, get backlinks & do link exchanges. It's always great to meet with people in the same market, you will learn a lot from them & they will learn a lot from you as well.

My advise, join all these networks but most of all.. greet and meet people. The reason why others think these sites are useless or they will delete your site, is because they submit their blogs & leave them there... You need to be part of the community to get positive results!

All The best

Quote Originally Posted by Nytshade View Post
    My advise, join all these networks but most of all.. greet and meet people. The reason why others think these sites are useless or they will delete your site, is because they submit their blogs & leave them there... You need to be part of the community to get positive results!
    All The best
    Many thanks for your kind contribution to this thread. Hoping to see these kinds of contribution more & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Many thanks for your kind contribution to this thread. Hoping to see these kinds of contribution more & more.
    You're always welcome.. I wish You the best of luck!!!!!!

There are many blog directories to which you can submit your blog for listing. I don't know if they count for much, but it can't hurt. They are just like telephone books:

when people want to find blogs about fish, they search the directory for blogs about fish;
    when people want to find blogs about traveling, they search the directory for blogs about traveling;
    when people want to find blogs about cars, they search the directory for blogs about cars;
    etc.

It is a first step to getting your blog known--but don't stop there, keep making quality posts, reading the blogs of others and commenting on them, and continually learn/grow (so you will become an increasingly knowledgeable writer on your topic).

Technorati has worked for me. It sends referrals to my sites as it displays my RSS feed. Blogcritics which is a sister site to Technorati has proved to be even more successful for my sports blog. I write a weekly exclusive article for them.

I"m also a member of a number of sports blogs/platforms and comment daily on some of them. The sports blogs that allow me to link to my sports blog have proven to be valuable resources.

While these sites are providing traffic, Google Organic search continues to drive 60% of my traffic, so that receives my greatest focus.

15. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    Technorati has worked for me.
    Glad to know that at least someone here had a good time with Technorati. I would like to know how you achieved it.

I'm not sure. I submitted my blog and feed. While myy blog isn't highly rated yet, I do receive traffic from Technorati, probably due to my blog feed being syndicated.

I want to know how will it effect my blog if I register/enlist it in networks like Technorati, Blogshpere etc. Will my blog get more exposure, if yes then how it works?
    Your blog will certainly gain plenty of exposure if you join a blog network. You'll also be able to see other blogs within the same niche there where you can comment on and build backlinks from.

I'm just not too sure if it's still ok to join blog networks. I read from SEORoundtable that Google penalized blog networks. What do you think?
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    I read from SEORoundtable that Google penalized blog networks. What do you think?
    Well never heard this frequently but I remember I read it somewhere two years back, btw thanks for the information.

Google did but it wasn't Technorati or Digg. Major company sites like ESPN, CNN and Fox are listed on Technorati their and they spend big bucks worth Google. I just don't think they will be delisted. I might be wrong about that and maybe someone can set me straight if I am.

Google absolutely loves Technorati so I highly recommend you signup there, the backlink will definitely help you. In terms of Digg, and similar those sites are good to get your site index quickly by Google but other than that not much value. Reddit on the other hand is a traffic power house and you can not only get the link juice from the backlink but direct traffic via the site itself. I recommend you post new blog posts there often just don't spam and make them interesting. Stumbleupon is pretty good too, though not as good as Reddit. Digg use to be a lot more popular than it is today, kinda sad.

I recently tried to submit a couple of my blogs to Technorati, but it failed to validate my claim to the blogs. That was some weeks ago and I still have this error in my dashboard:

Unfortunately, Technorati encountered a problem reading your blog. Our engineers are investigating and we will update your claim status as soon as we are able.
    Bit annoying really. I entered the claim code into a new post and so forth. Don't think I didn't anything wrong.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread