Complete Noob
    Hi guys,

I posted a thread a bit back thanking everyone on here for the great posts and comments on here i've learned plenty in comparison to other forums that say the same thing without any knowledge value.

Here's the purpose to me being here, My self and a buddy are both Veterans we served in the Marine Corps the past 6 years and it was a great experience and it's time to move on to bigger and better things. We would like to know if there are any veterans on here that have had real success and some success stories they wouldn't mind sharing.

At this point we're both in the analysis paralysis stage, meaning we're stuck in the research portion of AM, We would just like a little help on where to go from here, we understand the basics and how we need a site and join to AMN to be able to start working, However to elaborate on the matter our question is what's the best way to start? Ads on FB blogs (i didn't think so because we're not internet stars) is there another approach? Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out and double that to those vets who reach out

Thank you all

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello and welcome to a vet. I am not a vet (did some ROTC in college) but most of my family are and have a brother in the Army. The mentor I worked with at Affiliate Summit last month is an Air Force pilot who built sites while away on duty that he plans to use as supplemental retirement money. He built forums around subjects related to military and civilian flying. Now he has the traffic and is focusing on monetizing it.

So I have to ask, what did you and your unit buddies spend their time talking about? What were your hobbies? Take those ideas and see if there are sites ranked that speak to them. If not then you found an under served market.

noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Hello and welcome to a vet. I am not a vet (did some ROTC in college) but most of my family are and have a brother in the Army. The mentor I worked with at Affiliate Summit last month is an Air Force pilot who built sites while away on duty that he plans to use as supplemental retirement money. He built forums around subjects related to military and civilian flying. Now he has the traffic and is focusing on monetizing it.

So I have to ask, what did you and your unit buddies spend their time talking about? What were your hobbies? Take those ideas and see if there are sites ranked that speak to them. If not then you found an under served market.
    Well, being that we joined so young the topics of our conversations were usually locker-room talk and how retarded our higher ups were, is it normal that i cannot PM?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Check the forum rules at the top of every page to an answer to the PM question.

So what interests you and your buddy? I had a client years ago who built a business around motorcycles. He and his best friend from Denver were frustrated with the selection in their area. They raced road bikes and built sites to sell about everything that would wear out.

Smile Complete NEWBIE in every sense of the word
    Hello everyone.

my name is Reggie and as my title states... I'm green as they get when it comes to internet marketing. The only thing I do know is that I would love to learn this business so that I can get financially free and tap into and get a slice of this Billion dollar industry.

My background was in the mortgage industry and we all know what happen there. I was in it for 10 years with 8 of them being very fruitful. The last two years of it was a blood bath which I'm still licking my wounds over.

In any event, I've scoured the internet in search of anything that could help me get started earning and learning from internet marketing. I cant say that I've been burned by all these scammers with their get rich products but... I did fall for them only to request a refund within the 60 days allotted. But I did lose a lot of valuable time and FAITH in there being a legitimate way to learning how to earn money on-line.

So... my question here is this... where do I turn to? How do I get started? I know that in the beginning I want to promote products from Click bank, Amazon, ect... but how I go about it SUCCESSFULLY is was eluding me.

I've been told you need to have your own website and hosting but I also read where you can promote products without hosting or a website. And TRAFFIC... well, that's another thing I know that's essential for anyone success.

BUT ... how does a newbie get started on a shoe sting budget and learn the real ropes on how to earn money on line.

I cant begin to tell you how many e-mails I get daily from every internet guru out there promising to help me... mentor me, ect.. But in the nut shell, that's what I need .... a mentor.

Any suggestions from those of you with far more experience than me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Hi butkas37,

Welcome to ABestWeb! They are plenty of resources here in AbestWeb that you can look into for a start. Yes, you can do affiliate marketing without a website, but you would want something long term and that is what having your own site can give you.

There are plenty of resources online for affiliate marketers. I suggest you begin by selecting a niche, choosing your products, and building a list of keywords to target. After that you'll need to build a site and churn out articles.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread