Seriously!! CafePress drops commission by 15%!!!
    How typical!! We recently started promoting Cafepress and after sending them 5k in sales they decide to drop their commission by 10%!

Anyone have any alternatives? We're dropping this merchant faster then seal team 5 dropped Osama bin Laden!

I'm upset that they didn't even notify affiliates. We just get an automatic notification from Shareasale that the change was made this morning??
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I just got some really quick feedback from the Cafepress affiliate manager. It is quite possible that our commissions were NOT changed. Rather the default was. If you were at a different commission level, you should go in and check your account and see what you are at now. It seems as though the way that SAS notifies about any changes is causing people who didn't actually get their commissions changed to be notified that they did. I'm going to ask SAS if they can change the wording of that notification.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

4. Thanks From:

Thanks for the insight Tricia I took a look and they did in fact lower my commission on sales.

I can't believe the CafePress AM would lower an affiliates commission that sent 5k in sales after only 3 weeks in being in the program?? If I was this merchant I would send this AM packing!

Sorry you're having trouble with your CafePress commissions! We're recruiting high quality affiliates like yourselves - send me an email at [removed] if you'd like to discuss specifics or you can go directly to our ShareASale program for details [removed]
    Last edited by teezone; March 7th, 2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: read forum rules for advertising your program

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    You have to send out an email to the affected affiliates in a newsletter or by any other means you can get a hold of them before you make terms changes in ShareASale, because ShareASale automatically emails the affected affiliates an email with details.

The trouble comes with the 25-35% (it seems) of ShareASale affiliates who have bad addresses in the system, and don't get word because they don't have current email info in the network.

It's definitely a pain to change terms and it sounds like someone made a change without realizing how SAS operated.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

To what percentage did CafePress drop their commission? I think it's still the same for me.

I am a CP affiliate via Commission Junction, and since 4 April my commission has dropped significantly. In the last few years I have had only occassional days where I didn't have any CP sales, but since 4 April there have already been 5 and only 1 sale on the other days. I suspect that something is wrong with the tracking. Visitors to my websites have remained the same or gone up in the last 2 weeks and I am selling more in my own CP stores this month than I was last month.

Does anyone else see any CP tracking issues on CJ or worse sales since the beginning of April?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread