Does article marketing still work?
    So I'm sitting here Today, I've got one of my new sites up and running and now it's time to start promoting it, building back links etc. with article submissions.

I've got a compilation of about 20 unique articles to submit... somewhere.

So first question is, where should I submit them? Ezine articles seems obvious, been popular for years... Squidoo ehh not a big fan of it building a lense is kind of obnoxiously time consuming looking for something quick. Maybe goarticles? or articlebase?

I continue to look around for sites to submit too, so I run a search on top ranked article directories. Sign up for a few and than I start thinking...

Should I even submit these articles?

Will they even help my page rank?

Will they get deleted for linking to a site promoting affiliate products?

I've seen so much doom and gloom lately with google panda I'm not sure what do,

Maybe I should just put these articles directly on my site? Not submit for backlinks?

I feel like I'm hitting a wall here right now and could use some help and advice. Should I submit these articles, and to what sites (I'd like to have about 3 or 4 I can regularly submit to) Or should I just put them on my site and look to other ways to drive traffic?

First let me say I am NOT big into submiting articles. It is my option that submiting articles is a thing of the past. I would think it would serve you better to put good orgional content on YOUR site.

I sure others here will have a different option on submiting articles to article directories then I do.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Yea I'm just skeptical right now of what to do, I can work on some video marketing for the time being etc.

Like to hear some other opinions on article submissions and even some other methods as far as building back links for a new site, even the simplest things I should do when starting.

Look at the results on G for the keywords, and related keywords, you're trying to rank for. What other sources are in the SERPs? Are there YouTube videos? Squidoos? Article marketing places? Press release places? These are the places you may have success with.

ABW Ambassador
    I used to be a really big fan of article marketing... I could have my articles above the fold on page one, for my keywords, within hours (no joke). Recent Google algorithm tweeks have changed all this. I now see my articles appearing in top spots but the sites that rank are garbage scraper sites that have either spun the article (poorly) or just ommited my author box. So I am actually worse-off as I have been pushed way down in the SERPs. Now I spend my time creating content for my sites. Googles recent "freshness" algorithm seems to like regular content updates so in my opinion, it makes much more sense to use your content on your site.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

6. Thanks From:

I have never written for anything BUT my own site.. scraping aside, there is no guarantee that the site will follow a backlink/credit protocol, so your words on your site will end up diluted, with no benefit.

I even shut down my rss feeds - an extreme measure, I know, but I saw no benefit in releasing my daily table of contents to competitors. I offer widgets, but no syndication.

Mine is an extreme example, but duplicate content can be a site killer.

ABW Ambassador
    If you are nervous about the downsides of article marketing (and the other posters here have pointed out potential pitfalls) then why not get on www.myblogguest.com or www.bloggerlinkup.com and offer the articles you have written as guest posts.

Works a treat. Trust me: I'm a doctor*

*OK, I'm not a doctor. But you should trust me on this anyway.

article writing problems
    Is there any chance to submit an article if my English is not perfect? My squeeze page is written in English, but my English is not good enough for article writing, I am afraid.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread