Alabaster, Alabama
    What to do for $$ until blog picks up?
    Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for taking the time to help with your suggestions. With that, I need some practical ways to make money while I'm waiting for my blog to pick up. I have to have an income. I have 5 blogs that I manage and implement affiliate sales. I LOVE to write and market to attract readers. However, I only have a limited amount of time each day to work (kids, household, etc.) so I have to really maximize my time. My question is: while I'm working on building up my blog traffic and affiliate sales, is there anything else I can/should do on the blogs to generate a (much-needed) income? Selling links require a PR1 or more and can affect Google rank. Writing for other sources eats up my time and I can't work on my blogs. I don't expect to get rich overnight, really I don't, but I want the time I put in on my blogs to be productive AND make some money.

So, in conclusion, I want to and will work to write, market and build my sites, but would like to see some monetary gain before a month's end.

Thank you again!

There is no sure-fire way to make money online (if there was, we would all be doing it!), but whatever you do, don't sell links - you can kiss all your hard work goodbye.

You mentioned 5 blogs.. isn't that a bit aggressive..? It only takes one to succeed.. are they all in the same niche..? And are they on a blogging platform, or your own domain?

It sounds like you need to figure out what's working, and what's not - drop the 'not working' projects, and focus on the site with more potential (ie. 'work smarter, not harder', as the saying goes).

Have you identified the blog with the most potential?

Miami Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Have you identified the blog with the most potential?
    How do you identify the blog with the most potential?

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread