Question Hotmail down?
    Greetings all,

Anyone here use Hotmail?

It appears to be having some issues this morning, some email accounts work and others dont ...
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I used G to search for your thread title and found a site that says a lot of Hotmail users are reporting outages over the last two or three hours.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hotmail has been working for me but I only check it a few times a week. Yahoo has been a pain in the ass for several weeks now.

Just logged into my Hotmail account after 5 years and my inbox is empty. They didn't even bother to tell me why they deleted my emails.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    Just logged into my Hotmail account after 5 years and my inbox is empty. They didn't even bother to tell me why they deleted my emails.
    They automatically delete your email account if there is no activities for more than three months(same as other free email service such as yahoo email, I think). You can claim your account back but all contents in it will be gone. I lost some of my old contacts once by that. Now I'll try to rember to login once in a while to keep my account alive...amazingly they let you have you account back after 5 years.

6. Thanks From:

It does happen sometimes.
    But I can't do without hotmail.
    I use it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    They automatically delete your email account if there is no activities for more than three months(same as other free email service such as yahoo email, I think). You can claim your account back but all contents in it will be gone. I lost some of my old contacts once by that. Now I'll try to rember to login once in a while to keep my account alive...amazingly they let you have you account back after 5 years.
    People still use Hotmail??

JK, but that is the case on 2 of my accounts but on one it just stays active.
    I have not paid for it or anything.

My question is has anyone been able to use Outlook with hotmail?
    They took that from me a few years ago and I haven't thought about it or tried since.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    I logged into one of my Gmail account which I haven't logged into for last 7 years and surprisingly all 900 eMails are in the inbox. Gmail knocked out all its competitors back in 2004 and it still is the best.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I logged into one of my Gmail account which I haven't logged into for last 7 years and surprisingly all 900 eMails are in the inbox. Gmail knocked out all its competitors back in 2004 and it still is the best.
    That's pretty good that Gmail let your account inactivated for that long, I think.

The hotmail account I have was the very first one I've even had since I started to use PC. Has some sentimental value in it. Now I used it to check my Bing webmaster Tool account status.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread