Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Georgie Peri's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    846
    Question Hotmail down?
    Greetings all,

    Anyone here use Hotmail?

    It appears to be having some issues this morning, some email accounts work and others dont ...
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2007
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    682
    I used G to search for your thread title and found a site that says a lot of Hotmail users are reporting outages over the last two or three hours.

  3. #3
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Hotmail has been working for me but I only check it a few times a week. Yahoo has been a pain in the ass for several weeks now.

  4. #4
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Just logged into my Hotmail account after 5 years and my inbox is empty. They didn't even bother to tell me why they deleted my emails.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    Just logged into my Hotmail account after 5 years and my inbox is empty. They didn't even bother to tell me why they deleted my emails.
    They automatically delete your email account if there is no activities for more than three months(same as other free email service such as yahoo email, I think). You can claim your account back but all contents in it will be gone. I lost some of my old contacts once by that. Now I'll try to rember to login once in a while to keep my account alive...amazingly they let you have you account back after 5 years.

  6. Thanks From:

  7. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2012
    Location
    People's Republich of China
    Posts
    3
    It does happen sometimes.
    But I can't do without hotmail.
    I use it every day.

  8. #7
    Newbie Oakland79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    They automatically delete your email account if there is no activities for more than three months(same as other free email service such as yahoo email, I think). You can claim your account back but all contents in it will be gone. I lost some of my old contacts once by that. Now I'll try to rember to login once in a while to keep my account alive...amazingly they let you have you account back after 5 years.
    People still use Hotmail??

    JK, but that is the case on 2 of my accounts but on one it just stays active.
    I have not paid for it or anything.

    My question is has anyone been able to use Outlook with hotmail?
    They took that from me a few years ago and I haven't thought about it or tried since.

  9. #8
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    They automatically delete your email account if there is no activities for more than three months(same as other free email service such as yahoo email, I think). You can claim your account back but all contents in it will be gone. I lost some of my old contacts once by that. Now I'll try to rember to login once in a while to keep my account alive...amazingly they let you have you account back after 5 years.
    I logged into one of my Gmail account which I haven't logged into for last 7 years and surprisingly all 900 eMails are in the inbox. Gmail knocked out all its competitors back in 2004 and it still is the best.

  10. #9
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I logged into one of my Gmail account which I haven't logged into for last 7 years and surprisingly all 900 eMails are in the inbox. Gmail knocked out all its competitors back in 2004 and it still is the best.
    That's pretty good that Gmail let your account inactivated for that long, I think.

    The hotmail account I have was the very first one I've even had since I started to use PC. Has some sentimental value in it. Now I used it to check my Bing webmaster Tool account status.

  11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Hotmail
    By Snowman in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  2. Hotmail Problems Anyone?
    By dnathan in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 26th, 2005, 11:00 AM
  3. Hotmail down?
    By Affiliate in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 1st, 2003, 07:19 AM
  4. Hotmail Problems
    By johnniebry in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 29th, 2002, 01:03 AM
  5. Hotmail Newsletter?
    By johnniebry in forum Building Traffic, Newsletters & Advertising
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 20th, 2002, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •