MOST Favored Affiliate Network
    Affiliates,

If you were a merchant looking to provide the best set of tools available in the affiliate marketing space for your affiliates, which affiliate network would you choose and why?

One suggestion received earlier today was Avantlink (thanks Herb).

I'd love to hear the voice of 'ABW affiliates' on this one...please explain your reasoning if you wouldn't mind.

Many Thanks! -vic
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

2. Thanks From:

AvantLink is a fine, ethical and responsive network and have some very good tools. However, their unwillingness to use PopShops and GoldenCAN means products on that network cannot integrate on pages using those two (for example) third-party tools when providing a mixture of products for readers. I use AL for one particular merchant and do well with them. However, many of my sites have a "mixture" of product sourcing and I can't use merchants who are on AvantLink where I depend on third-party tools to display those products.

I do have cases where I promote products from an AL merchant - but only if that merchant is also on another network. Then I use the "other" network.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

I use a fair amount of AvantLink datafeeds and some of their product display tools. I like their raw datafeeds which work especially well with a couple of sites I'm building using Price Tapestry.

When I did mostly WordPress sites, it was always frustrating that it was difficult to get AvantLink datafeeds to look good in relation to the WP posts/pages, mostly because I'm so ignorant at CSS and had trouble matching the WP theme on the AvantLink datafeed page(s).

For awhile I used a LOT of PopShops until I finally gave up on PopShops and cancelled my account with them. What Bill says above about trying to integrate AvantLink with PopShops and other third-party tools is very true. Which would make AvantLink a less attractive product to those who focus much of their site building on PopShops. How many affiliates that really affects, I don't know.

Gary

P.S. I'm putting together a major datafeed site right now using AvantLink merchants' raw datafeeds exclusively and it's working well so far.
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    From the bottom up:

Avantlink - never used due to lack of merchants in my niches.

Pepperjam - Giving it another try after good reviews here recently. Found one merchant to try (good product line for a specific area of a site I am now updating or I would not have taken the time to deal with them right now) and just stated with them yesterday. So far, the new PJ interface and tools are a big improvement over the unusability I saw last time, but too early to tell.

LS- Good improvement in tools, especially their deep linking tool, but I use them sparingly (only for a few products from a few merchants I need) due to their evil co-dependency with parasites.

GAN - Great promise with their Link Builder, but after months of frustration, basically given up. It is impossible to use - put in a product name and the chances of the link for that product coming up are about 10%. Try ten variations of the name, and maybe another 10% chance of getting the link. Back to using the BYOL feature for the small percentage of merchants who have it available. Great for those merchants, but so few have it.

CJ - The only major network that does not have a build your own link feature. That's bad, but the ready-made product link feature works well for most merchants, most of the time.

Buy.at - Lots of great tools highlighted by the LinkEngine - the easiest to use and quickest link builder of any network.

SAS - The recent updates and dramatic change in how to obtain links is fabulous. Go to the merchant's "get a Link/Banner: page, and its all there, from banners, to text, to ready-made product links accessible individually from the datafeed, to the "Get a Custom Link" linkbuilder. The Merchant Search > Products and "Basket" systems are also great, fast ways to obtain individual product links.

I use Popshops extensively and GoldenCan as well, and for the majority of merchants I promote, doing so without access to these would likely affect my ability to properly promote their products.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It sounds like Popshops and Goldencan are two widely used tools. Good news to hear since we are on both.
    Home Page BettyMills.com

In case anyone hit's my affiliate link in my siggy, if you haven't heard, directtrack (Digital River) is in the middle of a major downtime - so far exceeding 24 hours. They have been good about updating their merchants, but it's a really a problem that they didn't have a better redundancy in place. This is hurting a LOT of people and networks.

Vic
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Cool
    @Victor: there's a very recent thread where popshops, goldencan and avantlink's feeds are discussed. can't find the thread right now.

if it ever happened it would be one heck of a combination!

i agree with the replies as if anyone hits the links that would cause lack of redundancy and thereby causes repair too

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    However, their unwillingness to use PopShops...
    It's not accurate that we're unwilling to work with PopShops or other 3rd party tool providers. Please see this post on a recent thread.. GM

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    It's not accurate that we're unwilling to work with PopShops or other 3rd party tool providers. Please see this post on a recent thread.. GM
    Oops...
    I would like to appologize for a poor choice of words. I am sorry.

Please let me re-phrase my comment "unwillingness to use..." and adjust it to "lack of integration with..."
    If/when that integration occurs I would certainly include more AvantLink merchants in several of our sites. Right now I do not have the time to build datafeed implementation for all of the smaller niche-targeted sites we have online - where PopShops and/or GoldenCAN make for an easy and effective product display.
    Last edited by Bill; February 26th, 2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo, repetition
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread