Automatic decline from VitaminShoppe?
    Hey guys. I am new to the site and have been looking into which supplier to do business with. I am doing a creatine research and review site out of CT. Being from CT as i realized pretty fast is a crappy state to be in as some of the most popular supplement websites don't so business with us.

My question is, Is it normal for some company's to do an auto-decline when applying for their program? I followed up with an email and am waiting for a response. Anyone else know a surefire way to get into the programs?

Thanks, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonluther1 View Post
    I followed up with an email and am waiting for a response.
    Sounds like you're doing the right thing by opening up a dialog with the affiliate manager. If they don't get back to you it maybe an indication of how well their program is run.

Some merchants do set parameters for applicants to their programs and that's why you may have been auto-declined. It's happened to me. Your approach is a good one. Sometimes an affiliate manager will approve you into their program after receiving an email. Sometimes it's an oversight and after reviewing your request, the AM feels you may be a good fit!

From another site, I notice several merchants specifically state in their terms,

"Note: At this time, we are unable to partner with affiliates residing in the State of New York, Rhode Island and Hawaii."

Looks like some states are in a conflict with Internet business. Perhaps your IP was misidentified as coming from New York(?).

In any case, you won't know for sure until the AM replies to your inquiry. Please post back here so the rest of us know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thess View Post
    From another site, I notice several merchants specifically state in their terms,

"Note: At this time, we are unable to partner with affiliates residing in the State of New York, Rhode Island and Hawaii."

Looks like some states are in a conflict with Internet business. Perhaps your IP was misidentified as coming from New York(?).

In any case, you won't know for sure until the AM replies to your inquiry. Please post back here so the rest of us know too.
    I will do that, as of late there has still not been an email back so I guess they are not interested in making any more money . At this point I probably wouldn't even work with them seeing how poorly run their program is. I am currently working with buy.com so we will see how they pan out.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread