Affiliate Network for Services and other questions
    Hi,

Our newly launched company provides corporate services to our global clients. I'm currently looking into setting up our own affiliate program.

Our services get only ordered after initial email contact. They can be ordered / bought instantly on our website through paypal, but most customers initiate email contact first.

As I don't have too much experience, I have a couple of questions:

Are there any affiliate networks which would suit our set-up?

As I haven't found any suitable existing network, I have a plan worked out like this:

Our site uses Wordpress, so I am considering using the Wordpress Affiliate Platform Plugin (Removed Link) which promise to track sales through paypal as well as email leads through Gravity Forms. So basically when an affiliate sends us a visitor and he doesn't buy our service right away and contacts us first, then we can still track the lead and award our affiliate their commission when their lead orders our services after initial email contact.

Sorry, quite new to this, but does that make any sense?

Anyone knows this Wordpress Affiliate Platform Plugin? Or do you see any essential features in that platform that are missing?

Or does anyone have another idea for our affiliate program suitable for services which are mostly ordered after initial email contact?

Any help / comments are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; February 27th, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Removed Link

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Part of the third party tracking that affiliate networks provide is to cookie the site visitor so the sale can be credited if they come back and purchase later. Are you saying that if they respond via email the sale would not be processed through the site?

Paypal is only one of the payment options we accept.
    As I said, our clients email us first and then they will pay by paypal, cheque or bank transfer. So I'm looking for a solution which tracks leads as in email contact, outright purchase if they decide to do so as well as an option to pay the affiliate their commission if the email lead converts into a sale.

Are you looking for a network to launch on or for an in-house solution?

As I'm quite new to the whole affiliate thing I was looking for some advise what would be best for our business set up and sale process.

I have currently two options which I am considering:

1. SAS (don't know yet if I can manually add commission to an affiliate if their lead decides to pay with bank transfer for example)
    2. In-house using Wordpress Affiliate Platform Plugin

Have you heard about the Wordpress Plugin? Or do you have any further ideas?

I think you need to do more research on both. SAS has an excellent sales teach you should talk directly to. Have no insight into the WP plug-in.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread