Affiliate Program for a Math Page?
    My hubby works on a website that deals with mathematics. Right now he is writing a worked example on how to use Linear-Least Squares data fitting. He may also write some blog posts on math topics.

It would be nice to think up some way to work an affiliate link into these posts; however, finding a math-themed affiliate program seems impossible. He thought about tracking the rise of a stock, but there is no affiliate program for mutual finds (that I have found so far). And I'd rather not join a Pharma program and then have him make up an example about the rising cost of drugs.

Perhaps a graph of the rising price of oil/gas--but there are no affiliate programs for gas or oil.

Calculators? Paper? Student backpacks?

Okay . . . I am running out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you tried googling "math affiliate program"?

This is an interesting question..

I would avoid stocks/finance & pharma.. his specialty is too valuable to be wasted on programs that probably attract a lot of spammers.

How about sports-related..?? No shortage of fans of out there, many obsessed with statistics!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    How about sports-related..?? No shortage of fans of out there, many obsessed with statistics!
    Analyzing stats for fantasy leagues. Now's the time to do it for baseball - 5 weeks till the season starts. Abundance of sports-related affiliate programs.

Thess - I don't know about oil/gas, but there are affiliate programs for solar energy companies.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

What about the Math Tutoring banners from Wyzant on Shareasale?
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    . . . there are affiliate programs for solar energy companies.
    That sounds interesting. Can you suggest a specific merchant/program?
    Or wind energy (alternate energy sources are a fascination of mine right now).

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    If you look at Performance-Based Affiliate Network (they have a forum here) they have 3 or 4 solar power companies and a wind turbine company.

I looked at Commission Junction because I was pretty sure I had seen at least one solar company there and while I couldn't locate any with a quick glance, I did see, in their Utilities Merchant category, a few electricity providers and at lease one that provides natural gas.

If you do a merchant search for "Solar" on Shareasale there are also several solar companies. If you search "Energy' I think you'll find other energy providers as well.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread