Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    is there anybody here who is an Amazon Associate ???
    1-is there anybody here who is an Amazon Associate ???

2-is amazon affiliate program really as good as it seams???

3-can you show me please some websites that are amazon associates??

I have an associate account, but don't use it anymore.. didn't see much conversion.
    Not sure what that means - they pay a fairly low commission rate, the terms aren't too favorable. But I'm sure it still generates revenue for some...
    Affiliates don't share their websites here, you're going to have to search for them yourself.

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    1000's but doubt they will admit it.

Biggest affiliate program in the world but only offers a session cookie.

Not unless they want to get banned, against the rules to show someone else's site.

I use them as one of my last resorts for product reviews that I wrote and have become outdated. Ebay is good for that too. I think Amazon is a good step up from Adsense for those less experienced or people who are bloggers and aren't focused on affiliate marketing. My 2.
    Hope you're not in a Nexus state.

Despite the crappy session cookie and low commissions, they convert better than many merchants.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Guilty.

But haven't made any money from them.

I don't get a lot of traffic, so I am not surprised. I suspect you need a LOT of traffic to earn anything from them.

The Amazon affiliate program is well-known; everybody knows about it. Not so many people know about the thousands of other options out there, so they go right to Amazon, which is a mistake. They would have better luck taking the time to find a program whose merchants better fit into the theme of their own web site or blog.

I make a few bucks -- literally only a few -- most months with Amazon. I don't think their program is super special attractive, but they do have a lot of name recognition of course.

Most of what I do with Amazon uses a plugin I purchased to use Amazon on WP blogs.

They're all right, I suppose, but I've never made much with them. (I do know someone who makes big money with them using a very specialized niche approach. I've been begging and bullying -- LOL! -- to get his "secrets" out of him.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    My best merchant overall.

Biggest merchant on the internet

Has the highest customer scores, people like them, good to have merchants people like

Never had a payment issue

Some of the best creative out there, lots of options

Cookie is one bad thing but get good sales regardless

You might get denied by a merchant who has their own affiliate program but they might be on Amazon and you can push that merchant thru Amazon and get paid

Commission rate is actually pretty good provided you can make some sales. You jump from 4% to 6% just with selling 7 items, emphasis on items. You might sell 7 items with just 1 sale. And the more you sell, the higher your commission rate can go up. Sometimes their commission rate is better, such as with electronics, much better than mainstream electronics merchants.

Just the vast selection they have. Posted about this a few months ago, about a merchant that had a private program, couldn't get in. But they were on Amazon, added a few links to their search results pages ...... $$$$$$

So I'm very happy with the program.

10. Thanks From:

Teezone- Chuc-Calebtheredwood-kaizen-thess-writeguy-trust:
    thank you guys very much , i was a bit hesitating about using amazon as an affiliate with my blog, but i think they`ll do well with a photography blog

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    what does "session cookie" mean???

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbxxx View Post
    what does "session cookie" mean???
    Once the user's browser is closed - the cookie has expired...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Despite the crappy session cookie and low commissions, they convert better than many merchants.
    Highest in a yearly report via Internet Retailer, averages 17-18% conversion. Plus you get credit if someone buys a pair of boots then adds a screwdriver!

Due to their strong brand Amazon is definitely one of the best affiliate programs for product affiliates. For me Amazon is most profitable during the holiday shopping season because shoppers often purchase multiple items during their visit.

ABW Ambassador
    Highest in a yearly report via Internet Retailer, averages 17-18% conversion. Plus you get credit if someone buys a pair of boots then adds a screwdriver!
    Even tho they do great for me, their conversion rate is figured different from just about every other merchant I know of.

If you send them 10 clicks and have 1 sale with 4 items, usually that's a 10% conversion rate since most merchants/networks go by sales. With Amazon they go by items so it's a 25% conversion rate with them. But that's with the affiliate program, I guess you're talking about regular conversion rate.

I was referring to site conversion. One affiliate I worked with who sold treadmills said that he wasn't getting the number of sales to get up to the 8% tier he got from the manufacturer. He talked to their affiliate support group and they took into consideration he was selling over $25k per month. (everything is negotiable)

No. The cookie duration is 24 hours. It's sad that such misinformation gets fed to newbies on an affiliate forum, considering that the key points in Amazon's terms are common knowledge in the affiliate world.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Sorry David, I'll do my homework next time. You da man!

it's a common misunderstanding, due to their use of "session" with their own definition. Short version: session is 24 hours unless overwritten.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...031275-3668610

Chuck, here's a good link about cookie length: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...es/help/t2/a11

it looks like getting stuff into the cart would be important to get a longer cookie. (up to 90 days)

I am thinking of adding a suggestion to "Use the cart."
    The internet is a fad.

21. Thanks From:

Yeah my only sale so far has been an item that isn't even on my site.
    Someone clicked it, bought something completely irrelevant and I got a sale.

I am! I actually am making more from them since I started promoting the free kindle books. Don't know why. I have been putting their links on my blogs since 2005 or 2006 and never got any sales. Now the past two years, they are getting lots of clicks and even people are buying other products when they go into Amazon. I love Amazon myself and maybe in my writing it makes the clickers trust me more. Don't know, but I haven't gotten any sales from my other affiliate programs yet.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by katlupe View Post
    I am! I actually am making more from them since I started promoting the free kindle books. Don't know why. I have been putting their links on my blogs since 2005 or 2006 and never got any sales. Now the past two years, they are getting lots of clicks and even people are buying other products when they go into Amazon. I love Amazon myself and maybe in my writing it makes the clickers trust me more. Don't know, but I haven't gotten any sales from my other affiliate programs yet.
    That's something I forgot to put in my first post. How you can be promoting one product and they might get that and get other stuff while on the site. Kind of like how grocery stores put the milk and bread at the back of the store, hoping you'll pick up other items on the way, items you didn't initially intend to get.

"I actually am making more from them since I started promoting the free kindle books. Don't know why."

Are you seeing that they're buying some of the other paid Kindle books or just buying other items entirely?

Speaking of which, just went in to check my stats today seeing some Kindle book sales, even tho I have absolutely no sites dealing with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Are you seeing that they're buying some of the other paid Kindle books or just buying other items entirely?

Speaking of which, just went in to check my stats today seeing some Kindle book sales, even tho I have absolutely no sites dealing with any of that.
    Yes, I do. I make a post every now and then about the free kindle books. I do a little bit of a comment about each book. They will get clicks and from there, they go to the other kindle books as well.

Another thing is that the kindle books that are free today, may not be free tomorrow. That is a special promotion indie authors do in the kindle shop to get their books out there.

If you'd really like to promote the kindle books, add the free apps Amazon offers for people who do not have a kindle. I have put that link on my blogs and will have people thank me. They think you have to own a kindle to buy kindle books and you don't. You can read them on your PC. Plus, you can get the free books too.

I have a friend who has a blog that is just about those free books in her niche market. She has done better on this new blog with Amazon sales than her old one that had quality content. I'd say, you won't get rich from Amazon, but every little bit adds up in my many streams of income.

If you have a very popular site about something that is sold on Amazon, you can be very successful and make a lot of money. If you have a site with only modest traffic, like mine, you can still make sales regularly with Amazon. For some product areas - notably books and music - it is far more successful than competing merchants. (For example, almost nobody claims success with B&N ... at best a dribble of sales. But they get regular sales for the same site, for the same books, CDs or DVDs, through Amazon).

People who haven't used it shouldn't criticize it. The question was whether anyone uses Amazon and is successful with it. There will always be people who are unsuccessful at anything, for lots of reasons. In the case of affiliate programs, those reasons range from product type or site quality, to effort expended and imagination, to basic competence.

I don't think the Amazon program is great; I find their lack of attention to it very frustrating. At this point, if something doesn't work, or doesn't seem to work, I move on. Their program could be far better than it is, but it does work. For many areas, it's the best choice, however frustrating that may be.

My site traffic ranges from under 300 to about 1500 visits a day, depending on whether there is news, and whether I send a mailing (which I don't do all that often).
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

i'm a newbie amazon affiliate. I think the program is good. Got my first sales just this last couple of days. This after almost 3 months of continuous promotion, and I was expecting it. I read somewhere that you start earning from it after 3 months. Just don't know if their program has something to do with it.

How many clicks to make that sale?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast