OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    California offers table to calculate use tax for online purchases
    Idealistic but I guess if some pay it voluntarily its better than nothing. I think they should offer a full state income tax deduction for sales taxes paid voluntarily. California offers table to calculate use tax for online purchases - Los Angeles Business from bizjournals
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 5th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I think they should offer a full state income tax deduction for sales taxes paid voluntarily.
    ?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    To encourage the voluntary payment of the sale tax for out of state purchases.

When I was going through Turbo Tax, they gave me the option of entering in EVERY out of state purchase manually, or to take their estimated cost.

I wanted to make sure and pay the use tax given my battles with Sacramento last year, neither of the options provided were very good. The manual-entry would be quite a burden... going through 12 months of credit card statements line-by-line, and the estimated use tax seemed much higher than my actual out-of-state spending.
    Your Ad Here.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    One such table for all of CA is ludicrous. Sales/Use tax rates vary by as much as 1-1/2% from county to county and even from city to city within counties.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quick Books Out Of State Entries
    AffNinja,

I ran into the same thing with QB Pro and was stumped at the idea of manually entering in thousands of CC entries. It is bizarre to me that there is not a better solution. Even if you wanted to you the way it is set up is like a throw-away - who is going to spend dozens of hours to go through the labyrynthn of entering the data for a tax many do not want to pay any way.!!??

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread