Poor Ronald Duffy. First he couldn't get into Brazil. Now he can't get out.

The 35-year-old Pennsylvanian was barred entry in the South American country after he threw water on a baby whose crying annoyed him on the long flight from Miami, police said yesterday.

Mr Duffy, who had been planning to spend Carnival with his Brazilian girlfriend in the city of Salvador, was arrested by federal police at Sao Paulo international airport when the flight landed on Wednesday.

"I think I overreacted a little", Duffy admitted.

Police said Duffy appeared to be drunk on the flight. When the baby began to cry, he complained he could not sleep. He then asked for a glass of water and doused the toddler with it as the shocked parents watched.

Duffy was supposed to fly back to the US yesterday morning but the Varig flight he boarded brought him back to the gate before take-off after he "acted up" again, police said.

"He behaved badly when he boarded the plane. He's still being held at the airport."

TAM, the airline which took Duffy to Brazil, refused to carry him back.

poor nothing...

if this moron can't act civil in public...

do we really want him bacK???

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> that's the bottom line because it's my2cents! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Looks like he has a long drive ahead...

(Although I can't condemn him for doing something I would love to do myself at times! Splasshhhh...I'm sure it served the brat right, hahaha!!!)

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Brazil appears to bring out the worst in people, particularly their fingerprinting campaign aimed at getting even with the new US policy.

American Airlines pilot Dale Robun Hirsch raises his middle finger while he was being photographed by Brazilian (news - web sites) immigration officers upon his arrival at Sao Paulo international Airport January 14, 2003. Hirsch was arrested after making the gesture police said. Hirsch raised his middle finger at police to protest recently introduced Brazilian security measures that require U.S. citizens to be fingerprinted and photographed upon entering the South American country. (Reuters)

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hirsch was arrested after making the gesture <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good grief! Sounds like they're a bit oversensitive...

Of course they wouldn't like getting the finger--but to *arrest* someone for it!?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread