ABW Ambassador
    OPMpros takes over another new account and drops commissions - again
    I am not sure how many of you have had any experience with OPMpros but they are a Canadian outsourced program management company based in Montreal and I am starting to see an alarming trend from thier programs. They seem to be very merchant centric and have little concern for the affiliate side of the relationship. I just got an email from them regarding the drop in commissions for the Roots Canada (Link Share) program. The email contained a lot of drivel about having to lower commission so they can offer better promotions that would increase sales - which is a lot of garbage. This has happened for many of their programs and I am getting pretty tired of it.

The affiliate marketing industry in Canada is not as developed as in the US and OPMpros seems to be single-handedly proving how backward we are. My complaints are not limited to just dropping commission rates. They routinely push promotions the day-of or the day before they go live and then the promotion only lasts 24 hours. I have asked different managers why the short and late coupons and they all blame it on the merchant. I now avoid any program that they handle.

Why large international firms are even considering OPMpros is beyond me. If you are a merchant looking for an outsourced program manager and you are considering OPMpros, please do us all a favour please keep looking! Joining their client list will only tell affiliates that your program is about to take a turn for the worse.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; February 28th, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Link baiting
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

Yes I got the same email last night and thought the same thing!! Every time they take over one of my merchants the commision get cut without any improvments at all.

This change will ensure the long-term health of the Roots Affiliate Program, and allow us to provide better consumer offers and promotions, ultimately leading to increased conversions for affiliates and for the overall program.
    Not sure how they provide better consumer offers and promotions to affilliates since they do not send most of the offers by email. I been told to go to their site and look for the offers myself.

As far as
    change will ensure the long-term health of the Roots Affiliate Program
    not sure how that will happen either since most affiliate will stop promoting the merchant after such a big cut in commision.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Received the same email last night, and I'm going to drop them as a direct result..

I don't understand why a drop in commission "ensures the long-term health" of the program. It ensures the store keeps more in their own pocket.

I've spent the past 4-6 weeks working VERY hard to regain my rankings, and this store/OPM doesn't deserve to reap the (eventual) benefits of my hard work.

It's almost like they tell the merchants if you cut your commission rates then you will save enought money to pay our fees!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

5. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    It's almost like they tell the merchants if you cut your commission rates then you will save enought money to pay our fees!!!
    I was wondering the same thing! You just have to ask yourself what they are telling the merchants.

I read through their merchant list today while preparing this thread and there are a ton of merchants with 4-6% commissions and a smattering of 8-10% here and there.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I've spent the past 4-6 weeks working VERY hard to regain my rankings, and this store/OPM doesn't deserve to reap the (eventual) benefits of my hard work.
    I am in the same boat (my rankings disappeared a while back). I had one OPM/merchant who was about to lower my commission rate for poor performance and when I said no, they asked me "what my plans were for the future". My reply was that once I get my traffic back, I'd be promoting the heck out of merchants that stood by me when traffic was down and dropping merchants who didn't support me. My rate remained intact (smart OPM).
    Last edited by CanadianDave; February 28th, 2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread