To outsource or not outsource
    I am the manager of our company's affiliate program. We're currently with GAN and have approximately 60 active publishers. I am getting emails from affiliate management services and wanted to query the forum about them. What add-on services will an affiliate management company provide? What are the typical fees associated with this management?

If you have the time, experience and personal relationships with affiliates to launch and manage the program yourself, you don't need to outsource.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ditto! Also an OPM can cut through the red tape with the networks and have experience with making sure tracking is bullet proof.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    What they said.

If you feel like you have the skills and time required to effectively build/grow and develop an affiliate program toward the company's goals then you don't need an OPM.

If you either lack the skills, experience, or the time, you may consider hiring a consultant/OPM who does have those things. An OPM can work with you on performance analysis, strategic planning, campaign planning, goal setting, cost management, public relations, publisher support, project management and more.

Sometimes an OPM can work with you where they help on the strategic/management end while someone (you or someone else) handles the tactical stuff internally. In many other cases an OPM can manage the program for you outright. You can usually negotiate terms of relationship/roles based on needs/cost.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Good answers from Chuck and e_Gazer. If you are experienced in the business, you likely don't need an OPM. If you feel like you are needing a little assistance - a consultation with an OPM or some affiliate manager training may be helpful. There are a couple of OPM's out there offering up training services. PM me if you want more info.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

ABW Ambassador
    For me, AkaGorilla touched on the most important benefits an outsourced program manager can bring: these are a) personal relationships and b) credibility.

Unless you are, for example, launching an affiliate program for McDonalds (free gristle in every burger), you are unlikely to have instant credibility with the best performing affiliates.

A very good outsourced affiliate manager has that credibility and those relationships based on past history. They can say 'look, I'm the OPM for GristleFreeBurgers.com and this is a great opportunity' and affiliates will know that 1) they'll be well looked after, 2) the program is going to be honest and honorable.

Better yet, that outsourced affiliate manager can reach out to affiliates he or she knows can do big numbers and get top performers on board far more easily than might otherwise be possible.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Re: Relationships - absolutely it is a biggie for sure. Unfortunately with many programs going mismanaged, affiliates will often give preference to programs backed by someone they already have trust in. Having someone reputable with established industry equity to represent your program is always a plus.

8. Thanks From:

As for me, if you can convince me that your program can convert untargetted traffic (even at lower rate). I am in. I know many great sources of untargetted traffic. I know some programs that can convert with that.

VITAL HUDKLINIKK - TRIM TOWERS - LARSAMYRÅ 18 - 4313 SANDNES
    Yea, I do agree, if we have entire facilities then we should not go for the out source.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread