Facebook Releases Updated Page Designs: ABW Challenge (Win Something)
    If you haven't heard, Facebook has released an update available to page admins, so that they can use the timeline feature you may have seen on personal pages. This means if you have a facebook page for your sites or businesses, you probably want to check out the features now as the update will be forced to all pages on March 30th - you can update your design proactively now.

Additionally, we'll be updating the ABestWeb Facebook page for the new design. This is the challenge, if you'd like to take it on:

1. Design an ABW cover image (Dimensions 851 x 315 pixels) to represent ABW and the affiliate marketing community
    2. Submit it to this thread

If we select your cover image to use on the ABW facebook page, aside from the glory, we'll work with you to get you something special - a free promotion for one of your sites in social media, a free paid announcement, or something along those lines. I'll work with the winner to get you something cool.

If you are jumping into the challenge, here are some examples:
    10 Facebook Page Timeline Cover Examples

Also, here's a guide on what you need to do for your own pages:
    The Complete Guide to Setting Up the New Facebook Page Design

And here are stock base images in EPS and PNG format incase they may prove useful in your efforts:
    ABWImages.zip

EDIT: Official Prize Options
    1. $75 giftcard/paypal (cash)
    2. Free paid announcement
    3. Banner placements
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; March 5th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

ABW Ambassador
    Cash is cool. I know there are some people here with some of those designing skills.

The prize is negotiable, so cash isn't off the table - in the past we've done gift cards and things like that for community rewards.
    Matt Bidinger

4. Thanks From:

Great idea Matt.
    As far as Facebook, I like the customizable header aspect but really am not fond of the timeline. To each their own though.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

I am trying to withhold my opinion, but if I were to say anything right now - I don't care for it either. But with time, I feel like maybe it will grow on me. I like basics and barebones stuff - I just want the functionality, so plain HTML layouts with a little ajax for interactivity would be ideal in my mind. Those aren't design values everyone embraces though.
    Matt Bidinger

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Matt thanks for posting this and offering the prize. I have to say that the change in design bugs me as it wastes a lot of real estate above the fold. The huge image in your example site although great for branding is reminiscent of Myspace and I see this making personal FB pages look crappy. I do like the side by side timeline such as the one on the ABW page: https://www.facebook.com/abestweb Makes it easier to dial back when you haven't read a page for a while, speeds up page load.

thanks for posting this and offering the prize.
    So what is the prize then? Why not make that clear/tangible before posting a contest?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    What david said, it needs to be clear what the prize is. Also, not insulting like the ABW logo contest, where it started at just $50, before lots of people chimed in - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...st-126521.html

11. Thanks From:

The prize is flexible, so if you prefer cash money, you get cash money. If you prefer a higher valued form of advertising than cash money, you can choose that.

It's just a facebook logo, so while I appreciate the criticism of leaving it flexible, if no one wants to do it we can just make one.

I listed 3 official options the winner can choose from. In reality, if there is something else you prefer other than what is listed, I'll try to get you what you want.
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; March 5th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Matt Bidinger

I did my page some time ago, but I think I need to start a new one
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread