Cool Warning To All New Affiliates !
    The only way you will rake in a lot of money overnight in affiliate marketing , is by stealing it from other affiliates . So beware of any one click program that needs your affiliate ID or password to your website . There is no need for them to hack you if you are willingly going to give it to them . The sad part is some of you already gave up this info and paid them to take it from you . If have not seen any clicks or sales in your accounts , this is why ! So that one click program that didn't work you , well it was never ment to . It was ment however to take your info and overwrite it with theirs . So any sales or clicks you would have got , now they got them and not you !

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What programs are you speaking of?

I can't say which ones or give names . I can lonely tell you the how not the who . I have seen programs so far that want your ID or website password to use the program . I have a dummy site I use to test these programs . I then have friends go to my site and click to see what happens . Sometimes a product is something they really want so they buy it . All to see there are no clicks showen or commissions . So my friends just reverse the sale . The reason for this post is to save thoese who really don't have the money or time to waste . If Ever do find a program out there that works as advertised I will be sure to tell people .

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The thread is a bit meaningless for newbie affiliates since you are talking in vague terms. How does someone getting started who doesn't know what this looks like watch out for it? If you are saying to run test orders on every program then that makes a lot of sense. If you at minimum test your links and they don't register clicks then have friends test on a different IPP address that makes sense.

5. Thanks From:

I echo Chuck's comments. Unless a newby knows the program(s) you're talking about it is "meaningless" to them.

Signs of the trap
    I am only giving signs of the trap , not the trap users . That would make me a snitch . Isn't it enough to be told a hit-man is coming for you and the day he is coming so you can guard your self . "IE" don't give your ID or passwords to people .

Quote Originally Posted by oneenigma4u View Post
    I am only giving signs of the trap , not the trap users . That would make me a snitch . Isn't it enough to be told a hit-man is coming for you and the day he is coming so you can guard your self . "IE" don't give your ID or passwords to people .
    That remind me of the 12/21/12 Mayan thingy...

Some people say that the world will end on that date, but no one says how...

Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Reminds me of Richard "I am not a crook" Nixon who campaigned for president on his secret plan to end the Vietnamese War, to be revealed only upon his election.

What are you running for?
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz

Not runnig for any office .
    Just putting it out there . I know I did what I could to help . It's funny , this is why physical therapist don't out right tell preople whats wrong with them . Because It puts people straight in to denial and then working with them is but impossible . So they let them come to there own conclusions over time . But to put as the bothers do "the game has been peeped".

Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Trust a physical therapist to make a medical diagnosis? Yea, right, mr pres.
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz

I know I did what I could to help
    But you didn't help. We all know there are scammers out there, in every industry - without being specific, this warning isn't of any use.

If you don't want to name them, fine, but don't say you've helped anyone here..

13. Thanks From:

I have seen programs so far that want your ID or website password to use the program
    I am not a newbie, and in ten years of doing this stuff, nobody has ever asked me for any "website password". I've never even heard of such a thing.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

oneenigma4u, not sure what you've got going on, but you stepped into a crap storm and you don't have the boots for it. While you're whining about a get rich quick scheme you fell for, the rest of us are working hard to make a living legitimately.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?", IT Club.

I've been in the business for 8 years and like davidh, I've never been asked for login details either. If you want to be taken seriously, you will need to provide more information. How about some credible information.

Generalizations explaining that there are scammers out their isn't a novel idea. Facts about which programs are scamming you is good information for us. So how about it. Tell us who the scammers are.

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    oneenigma4u , what program are you talking about? i dont see any reason why you cant name them. From what you said, they have been doing bad stuff , so what reason do you have to not name them here?
    Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus
    Email: Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com | Skype: DNPYulia | Our Facebook Page

Who gives there password to anyone?

Did you fall for this?

But I think what you're saying is they edit your site and switch out all of your affiliate ID's with their own.
    IF you give them your password like a fool.

+ Reply to Thread