What to do with employee who take advantages of you?
    Four months ago, I hired a salesman to sale my new products online, but my product sales didn't get better at all. I have serious doubts that my new employee uses my business for his personal gain. I couldn’t fire him without a reason, and I couldn’t monitor all his activities all 8 hours in order to get the evidence. I posted my problem in other forums, and someone adviced me to try an employee monitoring software or something like keylogger. But I'm not familiar with software, and what I wanted is not technical help. What would you do if somebody would use your business for their personal gain? Many thanks!

I couldn’t fire him without a reason
    Poor job performance/lack of productivity is a pretty good reason to cut someone from the payroll.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Is he productive in anyway?
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Set up a reasonable sales goal for a 30 day period for him, if he doesn't reach it give him a "probational period" to improve. If he doesn't ramp up his sales during probation, terminate him. Make sure you document it all.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by laural View Post
    Four months ago, I hired a salesman to sale my new products online, but my product sales didn't get better at all. I have serious doubts that my new employee uses my business for his personal gain. I couldn’t fire him without a reason, and I couldn’t monitor all his activities all 8 hours in order to get the evidence. I posted my problem in other forums, and someone adviced me to try an employee monitoring software or something like keylogger. But I'm not familiar with software, and what I wanted is not technical help. What would you do if somebody would use your business for their personal gain? Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    Set up a reasonable sales goal for a 30 day period for him, if he doesn't reach it give him a "probational period" to improve. If he doesn't ramp up his sales during probation, terminate him. Make sure you document it all.
    Good idea, thank you calebtheredwood. I will set up a sales goal, and fire hime if he doesn't reach the goal for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    Make sure you document it all.
    This is one of the most important thing to do. To me it's like a net to catch when you're off guard!

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Maybe you wont need to fire him after all :- ) who knows, maybe he will leave by himself.
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Simply dont trust anybody
    it happens when you trust somebody they go on to break your trust. So become strict if your employee keep doing such things then fire him and hire next..

You could also request that he start documenting how he uses his time in a work "diary" of sorts. Date, times, names and the outcome of the conversation, etc. or whatever format fits his job. Explain that you would like a daily detailed dialogue of how he spends his time at work and don't be shy about explaining the honest reasons as to why you want it. (Sales haven't increased...etc.)

Also, make certain he has a clear definition of what he is supposed to be doing. Unfortunately a lot of people only find out exactly what is expected of them on the day that they get fired. This would also be a good time to review your rules of conduct with your employee. Be definitive about it and invite him to ask questions if he does not understand your directives.

An employee who wants to achieve *your* goals for the position will appreciate having the opportunity to better understand their job responsibilities, discuss their problems in achieving your goals for the job, and offer you an explanation of how they are spending their time to achieve those goals. An employee who is not concerned with any of that will likely quit once they realize you are paying attention.

Good luck.
    Last edited by leeann; April 19th, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by laural View Post
    I was wondering what ever happened to your employee now?
    That was definitely one reason why my employer had us install a tracking software like the one you've mentioned. Although this tool was called Time Doctor. At first, I wasn't really that excited to have somebody monitor me everytime I log in to work. It seemed as though we weren't trusted enough. The good thing is, my employer was kind enough to explain to us that it was generally something that would not only benefit the company from the security threats we can possibly get. It's also one way for us to track our own performance and made sure our working hours are being recorded accurately.
    I don't blame him for letting us have it though, I know he's just protecting his assets.
    I'm sure having this type of employee around can be more stressing for your part. I hope you have figured out what to do with your employee. Good luck!

Remind him of his duties and responsibilities. Give him probation of about 30 days and if still doesn't work then try to talk to him. Firing someone isn't bad at all, as long as you know that he deserves it. It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is.

Good Luck

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread