ABW Ambassador
    to leave the affiliate networks because they don't care for their publishers. The last year I had a loss of 95% of my income with cj.com and last month I did not even reach the threshold of $75. Cj.com and others are digging their own grave if they let things go as they do now. If nothing happens cj.com itself will soon be an "employee" of the parasites because only the mass of affiliates made the networks big. They had decided to compagnion with the parasites and the whole market will soon be in hands of some countable "affiliates" and then goodbye cj.com and others.
    My decission is to let things as they are but do nothing more for the networks, but only for me and some special private merchants.

carneol

I think that is precisely why so many companies are starting their own independent affiliate programs. The small business owner or the Affiliate Manager are smart, they're reading the forums and articles on the web and seeing all the bad publicity out there and are deciding to do it on their own. I don't think they want their company name to be associated with companies that allow parasites.

I don't have any figures to back up my claim, but a year ago I could find no independents for the products I sell and now I have a half a dozen.

And it's not just the merchants. The affiliates are learning there is more out there than just the big networks.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't mention that all if my websites were not listed in top positions in altavista, fast,hotbot,lycos,yahoo,msn websearch etc. In all these SE I am under the first 3 positions when the keywords were searched. That exactly means that most of my traffic reached through my good positions is redirected to the parasites and more of that they also steal that commissions I would perhaps get through the remaining traffic. I did the best for the networks and they laugh at me and at all the "good" affiliates. That is why I stop promoting these cj.com websites and set up independet merchants asap.

carneol

p.S.: I just did a search at overture.com and found myself on position nr. 1 even as I do not advertise with them.

[This message was edited by carneol on February 05, 2003 at 10:48 AM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Try www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm if you want to showcase a program that convers 1 sale per 20 visitors.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    why is it that every time I turn around here somebody is plugging suspenders?? I don't know a single person who would be caught dead wearing suspenders, even as a joke...

Supras | Celicas

ABW Ambassador
    Ummm.... I wear them sometimes. I also occasionally wear a bow-tie too.

Just an ol' fashioned kind of guy I guess. (and, I don't wear them because I have a gut either - lol!)

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

You just like to dress like moe =) I've worn susupenders before too! lol

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com

I would wear suspenders if they made them long enough..

I had to wear suspenders to hold my pants up after my surgery in Dec. when I couldn't zip my pants. Most god awful uncomfortable and uncool looking things!

Thank god I didn't have to go out much and could just stay in sweats most of the time!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey MIKE
    I just had a click through for childrens suspenders
    Are they gonna make those next?????

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread