Lightbulb Oh So New, What To Do First
    I am Lorne, a small business and nonprofit consultant, with a small business myself. I recently wrote a book and am trying to sell it. From reading posts, it seems that I need to market the book myself and have a track record before I can use affiliates, is this correct?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yes, its best to develop conversion on your site then offer a program to affiliates. Is this a print book or eBook?

Publishing house?
    How about applying to a publishing house or a web-store with their ready affiliate programs, that may become easier for you. Unfortunately cannot speak for your profit.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I am Lorne, a small business and nonprofit consultant, with a small business myself. I recently wrote a book and am trying to sell it. From reading posts, it seems that I need to market the book myself and have a track record before I can use affiliates, is this correct?
    If you haven't found a solution yet, you could try E-Junkie. Monthly fee starts at $5 and you can use them to track your affiliate sales. They don't pay your affiliates, or take a % out of your sales though. You need to do that yourself.
    Purchase Targeted Website Traffic. Over 300 niches.
    Coupon: 30OFF for 30% off. EliteWebsiteTraffic.com

Affiliate Manager
    Lorne, it is logical to optimize your sales funnel to where you know that you are converting 1 in every X visitors into a sale... Obviously this takes time and testing, but if you have a sales page that doesn't convert, an affiliate program will not help your situation.

Creating a sales page is fairly simple and can be done simply with Wordpress, a theme and a couple plugins... Getting the copy on the page to convert traffic is a bit more difficult than setting up the site.

Many marketers will create 2 sales pages and split test them against each other... Essentially, every other visitor sees a different sales page and you will learn which one converts better... Take what you learn, make changes, keep tracking. Repeat the cycle until you have a sales page that converts.

To speed up the learning curve, it is common for people to buy PPC traffic so they can see the results of each split test more quickly than just waiting for 1000 organic visitors.

Once you are converting traffic consistently, partnering with affiliates for additional traffic (that you know will convert) makes perfect sense!

When you say you've written an ebook, what do you mean? Is it a PDF file? Kindle? ePub?

If you are simply trying to market a book, as in ONE book, it may be very effective to simply market it via something like the Kindle Digital Publishing program via Amazon.com, rather than setting up a website and a sales/marketing/distribution system. And as far as affiliate marketing, that, too, may be overkill for what you want to do.

If you haven't looked at Amazon.com's Kindle publishing, you ought to consider giving it a look. Many authors out there are making nice incomes with the system and with multiple books, nonfiction AND fiction.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread