Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do Gas Prices affect sales?
    Society has changed a lot during my life. People went on trips more, they got out. I see people now that just don't know how to be social without a cell phone texting others in the same room. You ask them what they did last weekend, and the answer is mostly, hanged with some friends?

It costs a lot to travel and go out. Hell if you go to a bar, there is some ******* Police laying in wait just to pull you over and get a breath test on you so he can put you in jail for the weekend. The cost of gas in the US is getting out of hand again and with the President says he wants more money for green energy ( Green Energy=Those guys that donated so much to his election campaign then after getting all that stimulus money went bankrupt, or the chevy volt that regular people can't afford at $40k each and had a fire problem with the battery system ) You know the price of gas is just going to keep going up!

So I wonder if with more people staying home, with their trusty laptop on lap and credit card in hand, will this make a boom in online sales?

Fighting the good fight... Convergence's Avatar
    Economy is far from stellar. Yes, less Americans are going out as a form of entertainment.

Clothing sales are good - we can't complain.

All dressed up and no place to go...

Someone is still spending...
    Merchants: In the fashion or home appliance niches? Contact us for placement opportunities for: the US (National and now LOCAL markets), UK, and CA.
    Merchants: Do you exclude Colorado Affiliates? We can deliver targeted traffic from outside of Colorado! Contact us for details.

The thing that always bothers me about the price of gas is that people are willing to pay more per gallon for tap water bottled in Mexico and packaged in a petroleum bottle. WTF?!?! Seriously, WTF?

Everyone of us is desperately a consumer via brainwash. Just look around you... What's the most natural thing around you right now? Every morning most of us wash off every bit of scent and oil from our bodies. The sunlight coming through your U-rated window is filtered. If you've got a house plant it's probably been through a hundred years of hybrid engineering.

If you ever doubt the condition of the economy just go to your local mall at Christmas time. Jesus Birthday is running up credit card debt and selling more Brute by Faberge than ever before.

Long live the economy!

My plans for this summer include revisiting my backyard badminton set and spending more time at the local state park.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Its a catch-22. My kids are more social then I ever was with more friends on Facebook, texting non-stop, are more computer literate. But they can't figure things out on their own and they don't know how to make a phone call. I told my 12 year old who has an iPod touch and a cell phone that I would take him to the 2014 Olympics in Russia if he put together a plan and budget. He can create a PowerPoint for a school assignment but can't plan a trip.

Too many people are consumer sponges that over watch, over spend and under exercise. They don't vote because they don't know the issues but watch 4 hours of TV a day, 7 days a week. They don't exercise and can't afford to go to the gym but eat out twice a week.

Online sales is growing year over year yet I still have to convince brands to market online. A big part is that dealers drive the channel and the brand doesn't want to alienate them. Yet I hear that the dealers are producing less. A brand makes an extra 10-25% more profit selling direct. The growth of online is nice but has a long way to go. There is much more to come than we have seen.

Just watched Who Killed the Electric Car? When economy cars cost as much as a nicely outfitted gas car then consumers will buy it. I was in Indianapolis a few weeks ago and saw more hybrids models then I know existed. As hybrids become mainstream and the gas benefit equals the price increase it will shift. When an electric car that can bury a muscle car in the 1/4 mile costs the same as a new Camaro or Challenger then you will see a shift.

5. Thanks From:

I dunno, Brett. Some people are traveling. Our beach hotel reservation sales are enjoying a 20% increase over last year at this time. People, at least in Maryland and Pennsylvania, are planning summer trips already. And we're also selling a LOT of beach-theme personal checks on that same site.
    Bill @ Bill Swartwout Photography - Online Gallery: US Pictures
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Oranum View Post
    Society has changed a lot during my life. People went on trips more, they got out. I see people now that just don't know how to be social without a cell phone texting others in the same room. You ask them what they did last weekend, and the answer is mostly, hanged with some friends?

It costs a lot to travel and go out. Hell if you go to a bar, there is some ******* Police laying in wait just to pull you over and get a breath test on you so he can put you in jail for the weekend. The cost of gas in the US is getting out of hand again and with the President says he wants more money for green energy ( Green Energy=Those guys that donated so much to his election campaign then after getting all that stimulus money went bankrupt, or the chevy volt that regular people can't afford at $40k each and had a fire problem with the battery system ) You know the price of gas is just going to keep going up!

So I wonder if with more people staying home, with their trusty laptop on lap and credit card in hand, will this make a boom in online sales?

Your assumptions are absolutely, totally wrong.

1. Using a cell phone and "going out" are unrelated circumstances. If you took the time to check relevant statistics, such as amusement park attendance, you would see substantial increases. Both Disney and Universal have reported 4% to 10% attendance and revenue increases over the past six months, and in fact, for a "Leap Day" event last week at DIsneyland (the Anaheim original) they had their all time record attendance and created possibly the worst traffic jam in Orange County history. Technomic, the leading food industry research company, has estimated that 2012 will see 3.5% growth in restaurant sales, 2.4% growth in alcohol sales, and 5.5% growth in lodging in the US.

2. If the world is to have a future there must be a true international effort to replace finite fuel sources with green solar and wind power. In fact, the US is lagging far, far, behind most of the world in this regard. China has invested upwards of $2 Billion in developing wind and solar fuel sources, while right-wing oil-industry puppets in Congress, while accepting hundreds of millions annually in petroleum industrty campaign contributions, fail to end oil company subsidies and try to push through an environmentally disastrous thousand mile pipeline that will have three effects that are never truthfully discussed: 1. The Canadian pipeline company is in the process of stealing private land from American property owners through eminent domain, 2. A total of less than 100 permenant jobs would be created, and 3. Oil would be transported across the US to the Gulf Coast, not for US consumption, but for transportation across the seas for foreign sale.

The Bill O'Reillys and Ann Coulters of the right-wing punditsphere who today blast the President for "causing" increased gas prices were just as vociferous in 2008 arguing that the then-president had absolutely no control whatsoever over increasing gas prices. The price of gas will keep going up so long as 1. There is no control over speculation on the world market and 2. Pundits and politicians continue to call for additional middle east warfare. As is generally the case, however, the price of gas in the US is among the lowest in the world (Kipplinger's March gas prices in US dollars: Canada $5.56, France $8.29, Turkey $9.96, India $5.03, China $4.54, Japan $6.62, Australia $5.41, Brazil $5.98), and the fact is that the US imports far less foreign oil today than at any time since g w bush took office and began his pushing for increased gas imports for the benefit of his oil industry cronies. It is an indisputable fact, however, that the US uses 20% of the world's oil supply but has only 2% of the world's oil.

3. Unfortunately, the cost of new and developing technologies is high. Rather than continue to pay massive subsidies to oil companies that report $20 - $40 Billion per year profits, use that money for further developing hybrid and electric automotive technology. The President's energy plan announced yesterday includes the goal of making electric vehicles no more expensive than gasoline powered vehicles by 2020. Or should that funding (or rather 100 times that much) be used to build the 51st state on the moon as n gingrich has proposed?

4. Finally, mobile devices make purchasing on the run more and more popular and people staying home is at least in part, an illusory factor in increased online sales activity.
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz

One additional

In January, 2012, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued its report on fires associated with the Chevy Volt, determining that there was NO GREATER RISK OF FIRE than in gasoline powered vehicles.

From the LA Times article:
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Friday that it did not identify a safety defect, concluding that the car does not pose any unusual risk of fire.

The agency said it "remains unaware of any real-world crashes that have resulted in a battery-related fire involving the Chevy Volt or any other electric vehicle. NHTSA continues to believe that electric vehicles show great promise as a safe and fuel-efficient option for American drivers."

NHTSA said it does not believe that Volts or similar vehicles pose a greater risk of fire than gasoline-powered autos.

The agency's comments "are consistent with what we have said all along: The Volt and the electric cars are safe," said Rob Peterson, a Chevrolet spokesman.
    Electric vehicles are, as incredibly are all green-energy related developments, the subject of massive "just say no" propaganda campaigns.
    phil@abestweb.com | Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Electric vehicles are, as incredibly are all green-energy related developments, the subject of massive "just say no" propaganda campaigns.
    I couldn't agree more and am hoping that other nations create low cost electric cars. They will have to be imported and sold at a low cost equal to an economy car. The Detroit will have to compete but otherwise they will do everything they can to keep their dynasty. Surprised it hasn't already come from China and India!

There is no reason why urban vehicles aren't running electric just for the pollution reduction alone. But there is no immediate monetary gain for a city to buy electric just to reduce smog until their population and property values decline. I would love to rent a hybrid the next time I travel on business. My brother's next company car is a hybrid and he works for Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Your assumptions are absolutely, totally wrong.
    Am I?

Obama is pushing for another Billion dollars for green tax credits, but like always, it's NOT money well spent. Last time he did this, we got Beacon Power, Solyndra and a electric car that cost $40k called the Chevy Volt. How many people can afford $40k for a car? I can, but I wouldn't buy a car I can't fit in!

You want to talk how green China is, sure go for it
    China's Pollution Goals Not Met, Agency Says
    Sure, they are doing well, unless you want to breathe!

In the mean time, while he's blowing the money on programs that aren't worth it, we get higher prices on gas, fuel, that drive up shipping prices.

It is an indisputable fact, however, that the US uses 20% of the world's oil supply but has only 2% of the world's oil
    We only have 2% of what the US is willing to go after. We have the Bakken Formation, ANWR, and off the shore of California and Oregan. Very Disputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I couldn't agree more and am hoping that other nations create low cost electric cars. They will have to be imported and sold at a low cost equal to an economy car. The Detroit will have to compete but otherwise they will do everything they can to keep their dynasty. Surprised it hasn't already come from China and India!

There is no reason why urban vehicles aren't running electric just for the pollution reduction alone. But there is no immediate monetary gain for a city to buy electric just to reduce smog until their population and property values decline. I would love to rent a hybrid the next time I travel on business. My brother's next company car is a hybrid and he works for Pepsi.
    Hybrid cars bother me, remember in the 80's, the VW rabbit? almost 50 mpg and that was 30 years ago. sorry, sounds like BS to me.
    That and the carbon foot print of building a HYBRID because of the batteries don't exactly help the enviroment. I was on a submarine, batteries suck
    Last edited by Vendzilla; March 8th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

One additional

In January, 2012, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued its report on fires associated with the Chevy Volt, determining that there was NO GREATER RISK OF FIRE than in gasoline powered vehicles.

From the LA Times article:

Well of course they no greater risks, a regular car is full of gasoline, it wasn't the gasoline that caught fire, it was battery fluid on a cuircuit board that caught fire. And covered up for a while

Am I?

Obama is pushing for another Billion dollars for green tax credits, but like always, it's NOT money well spent. Last time he did this, we got Beacon Power, Solyndra and a electric car that cost $40k called the Chevy Volt. How many people can afford $40k for a car? I can, but I wouldn't buy a car I can't fit in!

You want to talk how green China is, sure go for it
    China's Pollution Goals Not Met, Agency Says
    Sure, they are doing well, unless you want to breathe!

In the mean time, while he's blowing the money on programs that aren't worth it, we get higher prices on gas, fuel, that drive up shipping prices.

We only have 2% of what the US is willing to go after. We have the Bakken Formation, ANWR, and off the shore of California and Oregan. Very Disputable.
    There is no better way to spend federal funds than in promoting environmentally-friendly energy sources. The long-range benefits include reduced energy costs, energy independence from foreign countries, creation of massive numbers of new jobs IN THE US, and the potential end to production and transportation of cancer-causing (among other diseases) petroleum products and by-products.

What possible connection can you make between President Obama and the Chevy Volt, which was unveiled at the January 2007 North American International Auto Show, two years before he took office?

Not every start-up company in any field can immediately produce a cost-efficient product without trial and error, and some, in many areas, never do. Did we stop manufacturing automobiles when Kaiser went bankrupt? When American Motors went out of business? When Hudson went bankrupt? Because some clean energy companies are unable to produce as they had hoped, is no reason to curtail valuable and necessary exploration into the next general of energy and uses for that energy. Beacon Power, in fact, has been purchased by a well financed company, is building a new plant, and is on the road to repaying the Dept. of Energy its rather modest $43 Million loan guarantee. Just for comparison, the DAILY PROFIT of ExxonMobil is 2-1/2 times $43 million.

I did not say China was in any way environmentally responsible. What I was saying is that the Chinese government realizes both the finite nature of petroleum and that the future of energy is is solar and wind power, and they intent to be at the forefront, not for humanitarian purposes, but for profit and political and economic power.

The federal government pledging funds for energy development has NO EFFECT on world oil prices. See my previous post.

Proven oil reserves are quantities of petroleum which, by analysis of geological and engineering data, can be estimated with a high degree of confidence to be commercially recoverable from known reservoirs:
    World: 1,392,461,050,000 barrels
    US: 19,120,000,000 barrels
    that is 1.37% of world oil

Federal Outer Continental Shelf, Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, the National Petroleum Reserve–Alaska, and the Bakken Formation, are estimated to contain as much as 134,000,000 barrels, or another 9.5%. However, I, and millions of other US citizens, are TOTALLY AGAINST oil exploration in the Arctic and along US coasts. The two ultimate results of offshore oil production are further pollution (Ventura County, just north of here, already has the most polluted shoreline on the west coast of North America, from decades of minimal oil drilling) and the absolute certainty of additional oil rig disasters, killing people, destroying animal populations, and human livelihoods. It is not worh saving a potential 5˘ per galleon of gas, if even that. And I won't even mention polar bears.

14. Thanks From:

Well of course they no greater risks, a regular car is full of gasoline, it wasn't the gasoline that caught fire, it was battery fluid on a cuircuit board that caught fire. And covered up for a while
    I'll take driving with battery acid over gasoline purely as a safety ideal. But I repeat the NHTSA findings: The NHTSA "remains unaware of any real-world crashes that have resulted in a battery-related fire involving the Chevy Volt or any other electric vehicle."

And how about the years that Toyota covered up its unintended acceleration problem, that caused thousands of accidents and numerous deaths? They are still fighting that in the courts. And of course the legendary Ford Pinto and their exploding gas tanks and Ford's cost-benefit analysis that resulted in their company policy that it was cheaper for them to pay damage and wrongful death claims than to pay $10/car to actually fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by affiliatehound View Post
    there is no better way to spend federal funds than in promoting environmentally-friendly energy sources. The long-range benefits include reduced energy costs, energy independence from foreign countries, creation of massive numbers of new jobs in the us, and the potential end to production and transportation of cancer-causing (among other diseases) petroleum products and by-products.

What possible connection can you make between president obama and the chevy volt, which was unveiled at the january 2007 north american international auto show, two years before he took office?

Not every start-up company in any field can immediately produce a cost-efficient product without trial and error, and some, in many areas, never do. Did we stop manufacturing automobiles when kaiser went bankrupt? When american motors went out of business? When hudson went bankrupt? Because some clean energy companies are unable to produce as they had hoped, is no reason to curtail valuable and necessary exploration into the next general of energy and uses for that energy. Beacon power, in fact, has been purchased by a well financed company, is building a new plant, and is on the road to repaying the dept. Of energy its rather modest $43 million loan guarantee. Just for comparison, the daily profit of exxonmobil is 2-1/2 times $43 million.

I did not say china was in any way environmentally responsible. What i was saying is that the chinese government realizes both the finite nature of petroleum and that the future of energy is is solar and wind power, and they intent to be at the forefront, not for humanitarian purposes, but for profit and political and economic power.

The federal government pledging funds for energy development has no effect on world oil prices. See my previous post.

Proven oil reserves are quantities of petroleum which, by analysis of geological and engineering data, can be estimated with a high degree of confidence to be commercially recoverable from known reservoirs:
    World: 1,392,461,050,000 barrels
    us: 19,120,000,000 barrels
    that is 1.37% of world oil

federal outer continental shelf, arctic national wildlife refuge, the national petroleum reserve–alaska, and the bakken formation, are estimated to contain as much as 134,000,000 barrels, or another 9.5%. However, i, and millions of other us citizens, are totally against oil exploration in the arctic and along us coasts. The two ultimate results of offshore oil production are further pollution (ventura county, just north of here, already has the most polluted shoreline on the west coast of north america, from decades of minimal oil drilling) and the absolute certainty of additional oil rig disasters, killing people, destroying animal populations, and human livelihoods. It is not worh saving a potential 5˘ per galleon of gas, if even that. And i won't even mention polar bears.
    lol

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Smile

OK, purely electric cars can travel no further on a single charge than they did a hundred years ago; about 40-60 miles.

Hybrids are a different deal but you better need to drive a lot and I mean LOT before you are going to break even, much less save any money!

You can do a lot better by changing your driving habits! Just because your car CAN make 300 HP doesn't mean that you have to use all of them!

How does all this affect sales?

People will buy gasoline before they buy food, booze or virtually anything else.

The End.

Thanks for looking.

What possible connection can you make between President Obama and the Chevy Volt, which was unveiled at the January 2007 North American International Auto Show, two years before he took office?

Obama used the Volt in his speech as to why we should put more money into green technology. Obama is planning on a $10k USD tax credit for green vehicles. Which inckude the Nissan Leaf. So we are subsidizing Japanese cars?
    Anyways, this will cause problems, remember cash for clunkers?

I don't have a problem with green technology, just have a problem in investing money into things that aren't working. Hybrids have too high a carbon foot print to manufacture because of the batteries. I want to see water powered cars!
    Water Powered Car , a lot of the tech has been around a long time.

President Obama's proposal includes raising the hybrid tax credit 25% to $10,000, a very modest increase. You said "Last time he did this, we got Beacon Power, Solyndra and a electric car that cost $40k called the Chevy Volt. " That is far different than referring to the Volt in a speech five years after its introduction.

The Nissan Leaf will be manufactured in the US beginning sometime this year and that means jobs for US workers and subcontractors.

The water powered car has not advanced because it has not worked as a viable, usable highway vehicle. It was first developed 75 years ago, and there have been numerous attempts to produce one over the past decade, all unsuccessful. There have been advancements in water batteries in the last few years, so maybe there is some hope for a "water" powered car.

President Obama's proposal includes raising the hybrid tax credit 25% to $10,000, a very modest increase. You said "Last time he did this, we got Beacon Power, Solyndra and a electric car that cost $40k called the Chevy Volt. " That is far different than referring to the Volt in a speech five years after its introduction.

The Nissan Leaf will be manufactured in the US beginning sometime this year and that means jobs for US workers and subcontractors.

The water powered car has not advanced because it has not worked as a viable, usable highway vehicle. It was first developed 75 years ago, and there have been numerous attempts to produce one over the past decade, all unsuccessful. There have been advancements in water batteries in the last few years, so maybe there is some hope for a "water" powered car.
    The US government has spent about $250k for every Chevy Volt sold, Obama wants to spend more and you don't have a problem with that? 20% of them sold was to the government as it is.

While I believe the Leaf is a much better car, Still don't think we should be funding a Japanese car maker. Do you think they would do the same? It's like the Chinese making the Bay bridge. They said it was because we couldn't do it. Truth of the matter is, they couldn't do it, we had everything in place to do it. We went to China, built their facility, trained their workers and they are building the Bay Bridge.

The US has a history of getting things done, farming it out to other countries when our unemployment is high is a joke.

The only reason water powered cars are not being developed is that it's free to power it and no one is going to pay off a politician for something thats free. Ever seen the movie Chain Reaction? Pretty much sums it up!

The US government has spent about $250k for every Chevy Volt sold,
    Well, it took a while to find where this came from, but I found it.

This ridiculous figure is the product of a "Study" done by the super-conservative Mackinac Center for Public Policy, a Michigan-based right-wing think tank.

What they did was add up every benefit ever received by GM and every sub-contractor involved in producing the Volt, an divided it by the number of cars.

For instance, Compact Power who supplied batteries for the Volt, was at one time awarded $100 million in refundable battery credits in a combination of tax breaks and cash subsidies. So, that's $100 million into the pie, regardless of when the benefits were received, and what they were actually used for.

Interestingly enough, the report DOES NOT SAY "The US government has spent about $250k for every Chevy Volt sold" but rather says "each of the 6,000 Volts sold would be subsidized between $50,000 and $250,000".

$50,000 is a little bit different than $250,000.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; March 9th, 2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: typo

Well, it took a while to find where this came from, but I found it.

This ridiculous figure is the product of a "Study" done by the super-conservative Mackinac Center for Public Policy, a Michigan-based right-wing think tank.

What they did was add up every benefit ever received by GM and every sub-contractor involved in producing the Volt, an divided it by the number of cars.

For instance, Compact Power who supplied batteries for the Volt, was at one time awarded $100 million in refundable battery credits in a combination of tax breaks and cash subsidies. So, that's $100 million into the pie, regardless of when the benefits were received, and what they were actually used for.

Interestingly enough, the report DOES NOT SAY "The US government has spent about $250k for every Chevy Volt sold" but rather says "each of the 6,000 Volts sold would be subsidized between $50,000 and $250,000".

$50,000 is a little bit different than $250,000.
    I want better cars, greener energy, the big difference between your point and mine is you trust the government. I don't.

The only reason water powered cars are not being developed is that it's free to power it and no one is going to pay off a politician for something thats free. Ever seen the movie Chain Reaction? Pretty much sums it up!
    Electricity is not free and I haven't heard what the impact is for an all electric car on your household electric bill!

I do believe that big oil companies influence if not control our government. I hope the Leaf works and can be mass produced to sell for close to the price of a subcompact. Problem is that buyers of subcompacts are not the target market for electric cars. I think the Chevy Volt is a bunch of GM propaganda. Ford is the innovator and they are on the fence with their money.

24. Thanks From:

I want better cars, greener energy, the big difference between your point and mine is you trust the government. I don't.
    Not exactly. But I trust "the government" (depending on who is in power) to at least attempt to regulate pervasive corporate greed that puts profit ahead of quality, safety and humanity.

As far as the auto industry is concerned, were it not for government regulation there likely would be no seat belts, air bags, impact-absorbing bumpers, or product recalls, and 8 MPG would still be the standard. Oh, and we would still have leaded gas. The roads would be full of Pintos with exploding gas tanks and Firestone 500 tires separating into hundreds of pieces as they heat up.

Not exactly. But I trust "the government" (depending on who is in power) to at least attempt to regulate pervasive corporate greed that puts profit ahead of quality, safety and humanity.
    Depending who's in power? You really think Corporate greed is being regulated?
    Democrats gave us NAFTA, Hilary even stated it needed to be updated, why on earth did we give Most favored trade status to the leading country in human rights violations? Go ahead, tell me a story about how the administration in office is better than another when it comes to corporate greed, Obama was over there, bowing to leaders that have little to no concern for their own people.

You trust the democrats more than the GOP? I don't trust any of them, but I hope you relize that Obama has extended the Patriot Act twice! After running on the promise he would remove it?

As far as the auto industry is concerned, were it not for government regulation there likely would be no seat belts, air bags, impact-absorbing bumpers, or product recalls, and 8 MPG would still be the standard. Oh, and we would still have leaded gas. The roads would be full of Pintos with exploding gas tanks and Firestone 500 tires separating into hundreds of pieces as they heat up.
    I guess you never heard of Preston Tucker? He's the guy that thought of most of those thngs and was shut down with the help of the government. He was brillant, if not for the government, he would have gone into full production of one of the most inovative cars in history.

And let me remind you we had 50 MPG cars in the 80's. Of course most people think that the corvair was a dangerous car. It had a firewall problem that was easy to fix, I know, I fixed mine. It was the first american car to offer a turbo, have independant suspension and have a mass produced rear air cooled engine. It died because for the same price you could get a Chevy Nova with a V8, Not because of safety concerns, Corvairs were in production for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Electricity is not free and I haven't heard what the impact is for an all electric car on your household electric bill!

I do believe that big oil companies influence if not control our government. I hope the Leaf works and can be mass produced to sell for close to the price of a subcompact. Problem is that buyers of subcompacts are not the target market for electric cars. I think the Chevy Volt is a bunch of GM propaganda. Ford is the innovator and they are on the fence with their money.
    Actually there is a small company here in california that has a car thats fully electric as well as a hybrid I wouldn't mind getting when they go into production, it's called the aptera.

the Tesla Model-S is a gorgeous looking electric vehicle that is capable of rocketing from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and traveling up to 300 miles on a single 45 minute charge.

Why aren't these marketed more? Because Obama can't use it for gain?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast