Smile Thinking of Starting My Own Affiliate Program For The Services I Offer
    OK; I have a couple of affiliate programs which I am running now for which I have tracking software, such that the affiliate can log into his/her profile and check out everthing and know where he/she is at any given point in time.

I have a couple of programs for which I would like to gain affilates but because of the payment methods which I will accept for the programs(These are services which once performed cannot be undone!) I am concerned about the inability of tracking software to help potential affiliates to be confident about being paid for their sales.

Now I have been doing affiliate marketing for some time and have dealt with good affiliate managers, great affiliate managers and affiliate mangers I wanted to leave broken and bleeding in a dark alley!

I have been cancelled, shaved, stolen from yet and paid very well by some sponsors. I will not mess with my affiliates and as long as they adhere to the Terms of Service (Basically, No Spam; No spam at all!) I will not mess with my affiliates in any way and will pay them and pay them well.

Ima thinkin' that if I give each affiliate their own version of my website, which I host free of charge, I would know where the sales come from and would pay each affiliate from any and all sales which come from their particular page.

I know this may read as somewhat archaic but I will only accept wire transfers, Western Union, Moneygram, GreenDot, USPS and International Money Orders for these services, again because that which is done cannot be un-done, so there cannot and will not be any chargebacks.

You ever see the firestorm that a credit card reversal for like $500 can start when it is applied to an account with like $200 in it and $150 worth of payments pending?

Jeeze, that sort of thing can turn into a $1500 proposition and a NEGATIVE one at that.

I can pay my affiliates through check, PayPal, MoneyGram, Western Union, wire transfer, Paxum or even Payoneer; I don't care as long as they get paid!

Anyway, help me out here if you would with your suggestions as the last people in the World I would mess with are my affiliates as without them I would be nothing.

Thanks for looking!

2. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

Not knowing the product the below may not be relevant...but,

My main thought here is, how do track the order when all your payments are in effect after the fact and not online. It means a consumer can "buy" the product and then maybe sends a check via USPS 2 weeks later. How do you ensure that the offline transaction is properly tracked for the affiliate?

Cheers

Chris

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I agree, doesn't sound like it lends itself to an affiliate program if all aspects of the program are not tracked. If you have friends that want to work with you then by all means use an affiliate program and pay them accordingly. Otherwise I see a huge gap in trust here with a white label or network program. I am sure a network would reject you.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO View Post
    Hi

Not knowing the product the below may not be relevant...but,

My main thought here is, how do track the order when all your payments are in effect after the fact and not online. It means a consumer can "buy" the product and then maybe sends a check via USPS 2 weeks later. How do you ensure that the offline transaction is properly tracked for the affiliate?

Cheers

Chris
    Very perceptive of you on all points! I would not even think of submitting this program to a network for exactly the reason you mentioned but that doesn't mean that it couldn't work.

I intend to promote the aff program myself and because of the commimssion, which will be in the area of $100 USD I think I can attract some good people inspite of the lack of tracking ability. This program would be managed by us and kept completely "in house", as it were.

I'm thinking that each affiliate would be assigned a copy of the selling site with a unique promo code and discount code; something like this:

(Mysite.com/Affiliate1/promocodexx/dicountcodeyyyy) or on that order. I leave that part of the setup to my guy who does sites for me!

At any rate, since each version of the product, which is actually a service and product combined is unique and specific to each buyer, we will know who bought and who paid for what. If additional inicidental sales come from that affiliate's page, good on them as they get paid anyway for all sales coming through their page.

Yes, a potential client might wel take a couple of weeks to get things finalized and pay but that would not be the norm as no serive is performed or product generated until funds have cleared. It generally takes a few days to tailor the product/service to the customer's requirements anyway.

I would notify each affiliate of each sale and pay weekly if they want.

I need to set this up such that the greatest amount of trust is in place, so I really appreciate the advice!

I'm also hoping that the relatively large commmission will compensate a bit for the lack of tracking ability.

ABW Ambassador
    Surely this is a good case for a pay per lead program. If the sale happens offline, then the affiliate program should pay per valid inquiry.

It can't be that difficult to figure out a commission structure on a per lead basis relative to the value of whatever it is you are actually selling.

That way the tracking process is pretty straightforward and everyone knows where they are.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Surely this is a good case for a pay per lead program. If the sale happens offline, then the affiliate program should pay per valid inquiry.

It can't be that difficult to figure out a commission structure on a per lead basis relative to the value of whatever it is you are actually selling.

That way the tracking process is pretty straightforward and everyone knows where they are.
    Not a bad idea at all and we'll put that one into the hat and see what shakes out! Your suggestion is more or less along the line of what I was looking for but couldn't make my keyboard pound it out! thanks for the ideas!

8. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Nissim-Payoneer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incorporatorpro View Post

I can pay my affiliates through check, PayPal, MoneyGram, Western Union, wire transfer, Paxum or even Payoneer; I don't care as long as they get paid!
    If you have a company and are looking to make payment via Payoneer, it's free to sign up as a partner of ours, and the processes is quick and simple.

If you have any questions at all, I'd be happy to assist.

Good luck!

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissim-Payoneer View Post
    If you have a company and are looking to make payment via Payoneer, it's free to sign up as a partner of ours, and the processes is quick and simple.

If you have any questions at all, I'd be happy to assist.

Good luck!
    Man, thank you for reminding me of Payoneer!

I have read nothing but good stuff about your service and I will be hitting you up to establish an account as Payoneer is invaluable for paying in certain parts of the World!

I am awaiting a few documents and then will establish the appropriate bank accounts for the affiliate corporation and will then definitely hit you up!

Thanks again!

Incorporatorpro.

Affiliate Manager Nissim-Payoneer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incorporatorpro View Post
    Man, thank you for reminding me of Payoneer!

I have read nothing but good stuff about your service and I will be hitting you up to establish an account as Payoneer is invaluable for paying in certain parts of the World!

I am awaiting a few documents and then will establish the appropriate bank accounts for the affiliate corporation and will then definitely hit you up!

Thanks again!

Incorporatorpro.
    Great, I look forward to hearing from you

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread