Forums + SPAMS
    What is considered as SPAMMING on Forums?
    [URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]$100 CPA / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals[/url]
    [B][URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]We double your first, $100 you make with us [/URL][/B]

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate_Oranum View Post
    anything that violates the forum's TOS, basically.

trying to put advertising posts on the forum for free when a payment structure exists.

...creating a manual signature with keyword loaded backlinks to your site...

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hiding links in images, writing unrelated responses to post to get your post count up, unauthorized advertizements, posting an introduction on someone else's intro. Those are off the top of my head. The obvious ones are full ads with a link out. We get lots of those after midnight.

So why are you asking this question? Wondering how far you can push things on the forum?

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate_Oranum View Post
    I'll weigh in here on this one if it's OK.

Posts and signups created via auto-posters such as Xrumer, Scrapebox, Scrapeboard and other similar softwares are regarded as "spam" by forum ADMINS.

Being a forum ADMIN I have to spend a lot of time removing the signups and the posts from a small local interest vBulletin forum I run.

The thing is that ADMIN and Mods on many forums are lazyor under-supported so that many of the singups and posts remain up, the consequence of which is that the "spammer" gets the backlinks and traffic he/she was looking for.

The real problem with "spam" is that in the long run, it works and there is just not a lot that one can do about it as long as the average surfer clicks on the links.

Hiding links in images, writing unrelated responses to post to get your post count up, unauthorized advertizements, posting an introduction on someone else's intro. Those are off the top of my head. The obvious ones are full ads with a link out. We get lots of those after midnight.

So why are you asking this question? Wondering how far you can push things on the forum?
    LOL.

Chuck gave all of it already. There are some spam that are hard to spot, like those long posts that makes you think oh he's sharing something relevant and then you look it up and Google and he has shared it on several other forums too.

I don't know why people who keep on writing irrelevant content on forums don't realize they're just wasting time. They're wasting the time of mods and admins too.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

7. Thanks From:

Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums. It is generally done by automated spambots, or manually with unscrupulous intentions.

Equally annoying is the duplication of content posted by others without appropriate credit, such as: Forum spam From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread