Not sure what to do
    Hello everyone! Im new to the forum!
    I have been thinking of launching a website and affiliate with Petsmart for a couple of months and now it finally happen well half...I just created a website (a free host, I know stupid...but it just temporary), hopefully by next month I can obtain more money so I buy off my domain to my website.
    Today I was trying to sign up and try to become a affiliate with Petsmart but they want to know a tax forum I use? And unfortunately my parent list me on dependent on their tax file report and I really don't know what to do...

Lightbulb
    I take it you are a minor. Probably should talk it over with your folks.

well I'm 19...but funny I just did, and my father does not know what to do either because he "not in those tax form" and my mother doesn't do the tax file, my father just go see a person and "helps" with their tax filing.

that why I am coming here...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlG1992 View Post
    Today I was trying to sign up and try to become a affiliate with Petsmart but they want to know a tax forum I use? And unfortunately my parent list me on dependent on their tax file report and I really don't know what to do...
    PetSmart wouldn't be asking you for this information, the network would. PetSmart is on LinkShare and checks/payment for PetSmart are mailed by LinkShare.

Whether you are claimed on your parents' tax return or not, you must report all income over $600, form a single entity, to the IRS. If you do not have a business established and have an FEIN (Federal Employee Identification Number), you are an individual and would have to provide them with your Social Security Number. Next year when the networks issue their 1099s, if you have earned $600 or over in 2012, you will be responsible for paying taxes on that $600.

Consult your local tax expert...

PS: You can buy a domain name for $10 and hosting for about $4/month.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

^
    Oh! Okay! I just now found out my answer just seeing the bigger picture now! Thanks,I really appreciate you're input!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am 50 and have been paying taxes since I was 16. Yes, you don't have to be an adult to pay taxes and Convergence is on target with his advice.

I also don't know about Tax.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    sonuparashar where are you located? Perhaps we should start some threads on taxes for different locations.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread