New here and confused by this post by a mod...
    Hello

My company is developing a product that we think would do well as a WSO and with affiliates. We signed up with ClickBank - then I just signed up here (my first post) and the first post I read before I posted here was this:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/986436-post2.html

If not CB, then what? Product is a serious, downloadable software product, not a PDF on guitar lessons etc.

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What is a WSO?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    What is a WSO?
    I'm not entirely sure I've got it right, perhaps the person who started this can give a better answer. But I believe a "WSO" is a Warrior Forum Special Offer (W= Warrior; S=Special; O=Offer).

In my experience that translates to "somebody only charging twice what their product is worth to people desperate for some quick success online."

BEFORE ANYONE GETS UPSET ABOUT THAT -- That's prefaced with "in my experience," as I've fallen for 'em myself.

Seriously, not meaning to hijack this thread, but -- my opinion and experience as I've stated above is not especially good or trustworthy when it comes to WSOs or Warrior Forum in general. If I had to guess, I'd guess about one in 10 WSOs have some value.

So I personally have no more faith or confidence in WSOs than I do Clickbank as anything serious for affiliate marketers.

Just my 2 cents!

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Web Site Optimization?
    Web Site Overseer?

aZooZa, that thread you mentioned is one persons opinion of CB. For the record I have the same opinion as he does. To me most of the products on CB are 'cheesy' get rich quick or some other quick impulse sale type item. Not to say there aren't any good products on CB.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    aZooZa, that thread you mentioned is one persons opinion of CB. For the record I have the same opinion as he does. To me most of the products on CB are 'cheesy' get rich quick or some other quick impulse sale type item. Not to say there aren't any good products on CB.
    I am of the same opinion!

Me too! Though IMO Clickbank is the way to go for sellers of guitar lesson downloads!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    For those that don't know: a WSO is a Warrior Special Offer (ie: a special deal for members of the Warrior Internet Marketing forums).

@aZooZa - For me, I have no problem with companies using ClickBank for the whole affiliate/card processing thing.

However, here at ABW, there is the 'taint' of that whole 'make money online/business in a box' scam type thing that is associated with a lot of stuff you find on ClickBank. And rightly so: because much of the stuff marketed on ClickBank falls into this category.

You say you have a 'serious downloadable software product'. I'm not going to dispute that.

However, you need to tailor your affiliate offering to the audience you are approaching. The people at Warrior Forum are perfectly comfortable with ClickBank merchants. The people here are not.

There's no reason you can't sell your product via a number of sources - not just ClickBank. If you've really got a good product, then you could run your own affiliate program in tandem with the C/Bank one. That way you could attract some of the affiliates here who wouldn't touch ClickBank stuff with someone else's bargepole.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread