Potential New Affiliate Marketer
    I am potential new affiliate marketer. I have no experience. I am thinking of taking an extensive training session with a company called Prosper, Inc. 1 year would cost about $8K. Is this a good idea? I would also being working full time. Any feedback would be appreciated

Scottsboys aka Scott

I can't speak for that training session. However, I'd recommend jumping right in and starting up an affiliate site to see if you like it before you give 8k to some fly by night company.

calebtheredwood aka caleb

I have speaking with others, and I tend to agree. I do think I need some hand holding though. I am going to investigate further.
    thanks

Hand holding can only prop you up while your hand is being held, and leave you lost once it's not holding on any more. You need to take the bull by the horns and get your own hands dirty in order to learn and accomplish anything at all in this game.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Hi Scott,

Apart from the one on one coaching, what else will Prosper Inc be providing you with? I'm just wondering because 8K is a lot of money and there are other affiliate programs you can purchase for less.

My two cents. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

6. Thanks From:

I would suggest you use ABW as your Personal Coach and send the $$ to me!!, just joking but I would suggest you first learn PHP and WordPress their are all kinds of Free information on the Web for both and then spend an hour or two a day reading old post here at ABW. Then once you done that fell free search ABW for answers and if you do not fine the answer then ask some questions here, in most cases you will get an answer right away.

Before paying anyone any $$$ I would ask for advice here first. Other then Hosting and Domain names.

As far as hosting goes I would buy a multi PHP hosting at round $80 a year (such as Hostgator) and a domain name should be arouns $10 each. I suggest you DO NOT get your domain name from your host. Keep them seperate.

Good Luck
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I was informed to steer away from the training at Prosper and yes $8K is way too much to spend. There is another training session that I will take that is alot less expensive

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    The Extra Money Answer is a pretty good resource for getting started... and it's free.

Can't beat that price with a stick and the advice is good as well.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottsboys View Post
    I was informed to steer away from the training at Prosper and yes $8K is way too much to spend. There is another training session that I will take that is alot less expensive
    You can learn about AM following advice from ABW, youtube tutorials and your own experience.

Keep your money in your pocket.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

You can learn about AM following advice from ABW, youtube tutorials and your own experience.

Keep your money in your pocket.
    Yes, I agree! It doesn't always have to cost you something. There are plenty of free tutorials here and elsewhere on HTML, Wordpress, and affiliate marketing. There are a lot of SEO news sites that offer SEO tips along with latest news on SEO. You'll just have to be patient, focused and committed.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    affilorama, I've enjoyed some of the content you've made available for free lately - keep it up.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

affilorama, I've enjoyed some of the content you've made available for free lately - keep it up.
    You're welcome! We're coming up with more content for marketers in the next few months.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread