New and Desperately Seeking Advice
    Hello,

I "thought" I posted this yesterday, but somehow it didn't upload... not sure why... but anyway.

I am new to the forum, and not an experienced affiliate manager at this point, so I am hoping these forums can help me sort things out.

The company I work for, Pleasant Solutions, has a new product called Pleasant Password Server. I am looking to set up an affiliate program for it to get the word out on the Internet.

Thing is, it is not a product for general consumption. It is a product that would be of interest to IT professionals who need tools to help their employer more effective. So I would need to reach IT professionals through an affiliate network.

So if there are any good IT affiliate network provider services out there, this would be a good fit. Or if you could suggest a service that would be well suited to our needs, please let me know.

We are a small, but growing company. I am in charge of marketing Pleasant Password Server, but if we had success with affiliates on this product, there may be the opportunity to incorporate some of our other products in the network.

Thanks for your help, and I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you as my time with these forums expands.

Thanks,
    Peggy
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 15th, 2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: removed link

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Read the rules or your posts will continue to get deleted...

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...es-146455.html
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Surprised this link drop has been allowed to stand for so long
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Talked to Peggy offline and am satisfied she knows now what is allowed. Removed the link, approved the thread and unbanned you.

Peggy you are welcome to post your site/product page in the Review forum where you can link out without penalty.

When your first post is "Desperately Seeking Advice" it throws up red flags to members. Affiliate Marketing is not a crash course and more akin to learning to fly an airplane. You don't jump in the plane first day and fly off!

Thanks Again
    Thanks again, and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Peggy

Sounds like anything thats in a niche. Know your niche and where they congregate and go there to sell
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

Hi Brett,

Actually, I was thinking more that I need an affiliate service provider (I'm not sure what they are called exactly... for instance, I have been trying to reach the sales department at OneNetworkDirect, which I gather is owned by Digital River... because I thought might be a good fit.

I haven't heard back from them yet. Usually sales people are pretty prompt in replying, so I may be misunderstanding what they do. But I thought this sounded like a targeted affiliate service for software.

That's the kind of thing I am new at, and haven't been around long enough to know. They seem to serve this "niche". Are they the only ones?

Affiliate network

I think affiliate-wire deals with software, might want to chat with them.

And no, sadly they don't always get back to you all that fast.
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

Thanks for the tip Brett!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread