Certain Stats Not Reported By Google Analytics
    I've been wondering why Google Analytics doesn't accurately report certain organic search stats. I've been seeing "(Not Provided)" with some organic search stats.

I did some research and found that if a searcher is logged into their Google Account or any of their products (Gmail, Blogger, Adwords, etc) and then conducts a search, while their search will be counted by analytics, the search terms/key words that were used will not be.

About 25% of my organic search comes from these types of searches. That's a significant amount and its an issue. I would like to know what these keywords search queries are.

Does anyone know if other stats programs like statcounter dot com, reports these types of searches? Is it a Google thing where they automaticlly block this for privacy purposes?

If I recall correctly, 'logged in' searches default to encrypted search (https) & those won't show search terms on any tracking program.

I also read somewhere that all searches would eventually go this way. (not much need for tracking then i guess..)

3. Thanks From:

That would suck if all searches went that way.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Just wait until the Google requires you to be logged in to use their service(s). I mean to even begin to be able to accomplish that they would have to like, merge all their services.

Oh wait...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

As per my research, any traffic tracking program may not show keywords that is being included in "(Not Provided)"

I read wonderful article by Avinash Kaushik, that provided hands on solutions to analyze this traffic and understand the insight for these keywords. Kindly refer below blog post:

[removed]
    Last edited by teezone; May 28th, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: no links allowed - read forum rules

wondering why Google Analytics doesn't accurately report certain organic search stats.
    Well, I guess when when """organic""" search goes away, we won't have to worry about that.

Once Deemed Evil, Google Now Embraces "Paid Inclusion"

8. Thanks From:

Hell we (affiliates) all discussed this like a year ago - the Google IS an affiliate. That's why they hate affiliates so much - just like they hate ANY competition...

Yeah, I see some crazy years ahead, everything will get even more cutthroat.

I'm looking for a stable, [non-affiliate] way to make money. Any affiliate earnings will be the icing, not the cake...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread