Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Unhappy Redirect GoldenCan Links to a 404
    I know this has been asked somewhere, but has anybody found or know of a code to place in the .htaccess file that will redirect all GoldenCan links to a 404?

    I've tried this::
    RewriteRule ^gccid=(.*)$ [R=404,L]
    and
    RewriteRule ^gcsiteid=(.*)$ [R=404,L]

    But bing and google are still returning (200)OK from my home page...

    Any help would be appreciated Thank you.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  2. #2
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Have you tried:


    Code:
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gcsiteid=(.*) 
    RewriteRule /* http://www.yourdomain-.com/404.shtml [R=404,L]
    where http://www.yourdomain-.com/404.shtml is your 404 page.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    So far I haven't been able to redirect those links to a 404, don't know if its where I'm placing the code? tried just after rewrite on, and at the bottom.
    I could be something to do with Joomla 1.5.25 cms...
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  4. Thanks From:

  5. #4
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    I know this has been asked somewhere, but has anybody found or know of a code to place in the .htaccess file that will redirect all GoldenCan links to a 404?

    I've tried this::
    RewriteRule ^gccid=(.*)$ [R=404,L]
    and
    RewriteRule ^gcsiteid=(.*)$ [R=404,L]

    But bing and google are still returning (200)OK from my home page...

    Any help would be appreciated Thank you.
    Hi Bob, Are you trying to redirect old GoldenCAN URLs for the store that you may have removed or any broken link of current store?

  6. #5
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Yes, I am.
    I put in a support request several weeks ago.
    My affiliate links for LinkShare has a[*] in it and even test pruchase's I make have had to be corrected, so yes I removed all the stores from my sites.
    And need a way to keep them from redirecting to the home page.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  7. #6
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Yes, I am.
    I put in a support request several weeks ago.
    My affiliate links for LinkShare has a[*] in it and even test pruchase's I make have had to be corrected, so yes I removed all the stores from my sites.
    And need a way to keep them from redirecting to the home page.
    * in the links should not have caused any problem, if those links are working in normal with LinkShare they should work fine with GoldenCAN also. If you can please create a store with your affiliate id and submit a request, i will personally look into it and make sure this issue is resolved right away.

  8. #7
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Asif,

    I replied back to Adnan on 1/30/2012 and tried to explain to him I needed a redirect or how to do it.
    I don't want to bad mouth you or your service, it's just not working.
    Have some screen shots but I shouldn't need those.
    I just want to redirect any gccid's gcsiteid etc to a 404.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  9. #8
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Asif,

    I replied back to Adnan on 1/30/2012 and tried to explain to him I needed a redirect or how to do it.
    I don't want to bad mouth you or your service, it's just not working.
    Have some screen shots but I shouldn't need those.
    I just want to redirect any gccid's gcsiteid etc to a 404.
    Bob,
    I understand you had a bad experience and your issue was not resolved properly. I apologize for that. Please let me know if the 404 solutions by others in this thread work for you, if not then i will have my php developer find the solution for you.

  10. #9
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    So far nothing I have tried has worked. Which really seems odd.
    I can redirect to 301's but that's not the needed direction.
    I need to have a 404 returned not a (200)Ok, or perm 301.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  11. #10
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    So far nothing I have tried has worked. Which really seems odd.
    I can redirect to 301's but that's not the needed direction.
    I need to have a 404 returned not a (200)Ok, or perm 301.
    ok, i will have someone look into that. we are talking about php pages right?

  12. #11
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Yep,
    all my sites are php.

    urls are like index.php?gcsiteid=###&gccid=###
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  13. #12
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Asif,
    Sorry I missed the part about me creating another store, I can do that for you if you like and put it behind a password protected directory if you like.
    But I won't put up any more stores in the near future of goldencan.
    Let me know if you want to see what's going on with your code and linkshare.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  14. #13
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    :Bump:
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  15. #14
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  16. #15
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Hey Bob, try the following code and let me know if it resolve the issue.

    Following code must be placed inside .htaccess file as a very first two rules to process.

    Code:
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/index\.php$ RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)gccid=(.*)$ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php [R=404,L]
    
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)/$
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)gccid=(.*)$ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php [R=404,L]

  17. #16
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    The code returns a 500 internal server error. .
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  18. #17
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Anyone having problems redirecting GC's to 404 for a Joomla 1.5 version site here's the code.

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gcsiteid=(.*)
    RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=404,L]

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gccid=(.*)
    RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=404,L]

    Thanks for trying Asif.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  19. Thanks From:

  20. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Anyone having problems redirecting GC's to 404 for a Joomla 1.5 version site here's the code.

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gcsiteid=(.*)
    RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=404,L]

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gccid=(.*)
    RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=404,L]

    Thanks for trying Asif.
    Hi Bob,

    I have a similar problem with my joomla but the thing here is that i get inbound links from strange sites with blacklisted keywords inside the strings. For example one site has several links pointed to my site like: mysite.com/?yrvn=bad-word1-bad-word-two&id=1...

    So what i want to do is send that query string yvrn to a 404 but i tried it with the following code:

    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^yrvn=(.*)
    RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=404,L]

    But when i enter my site with the spam link it still shows up. How can i program my htaccess so i can send those pages with the yvrn query string to a 404??

    Richard

  21. #19
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    I don't know where you placing the text above in you htaccess file but it needs to be near the top just after the mod_rewrite;

    Hopes that helped you out, I had to try different locations to get it to work correctly for the GC links too.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  22. #20
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    2 years now and google is still trying to find GoldenCan Links.

    What a waste of a search engine.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  23. Thanks From:

  24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. JCW Banner Links going 404
    By Whiznot in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
  2. All My Performics Links Gettting 404
    By John Powell in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM
  3. All My Performics Links Gettting 404
    By John Powell in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
  4. FeldmanFurniture Links Are Going to a 404
    By Mr. Sal in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
  5. eBay Flexible links - 404
    By Affiliate in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 7th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •