Question PPC, Direct link to Merchant Site Questions
    If I get permission from a merchants to do PPC at Google/Bing with an affiliate link what do I need to know??

Can I show the landing URL as the merchants url??

Will Google/Bing allow be to use an affiliate link??

Do I have to say it is an affiliate link in the ad?? (Just Adwords or Bing as well??)

Anything else I should know before trying this???

fyi, I use Adwords/Bing PPC currently but so far only send the ads to my sites.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

No one here is willing to give any advice??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You need to ask some of those questions of the merchant. If you are offering to fill the gap then you are most likely planning to act as the merchant. Or are you sub advertising under the merchant's brand, using their trademark in the ad copy but pointing to your domain?

4. Thanks From:
    kse

I have full permission from the merchant to direct link to their site via affiliate link, I guess one of the question I have what are Bing & Googles option on using affiliate links to direct link to a merchants site. If I try would they ban my account, do other affiliates direct link to merchants sites using affiliate links?? What are the rules from Bing & Google on such things??

Affiliate Manager
    If you get permission from the merchant, here's what you need to know:

Can I show the landing URL as the merchants url??
    You can show the merchants URL but make sure they know, and approve it, ahead of time.

Will Google/Bing allow be to use an affiliate link??
    Yes.

Do I have to say it is an affiliate link in the ad?? (Just Adwords or Bing as well??)
    No but that could depend on the merchant. Check their TOS or get permission if need be.

Anything else I should know before trying this???
    It all comes down to the merchant. If they're willing to let you basically take over their PPC, or at least supplement their own PPC, then you should be able to run the campaigns similar to what you do for your own websites.

Bob

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I don't have current knowledge on those rules and will let someone else respond.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I have full permission from the merchant to direct link to their site via affiliate link, I guess one of the question I have what are Bing & Googles option on using affiliate links to direct link to a merchants site. If I try would they ban my account, do other affiliates direct link to merchants sites using affiliate links?? What are the rules from Bing & Google on such things??

Google and Bing allow it...unfortunately I spend a good portion of my day tracking affiliates down for doing just that.

I believe the only rule is that the display URL and landing page URL are the same. It sounds like you have permission to do that so you should be set.

Bob

10. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm View Post
    You can show the merchants URL but make sure they know, and approve it, ahead of time.
    Thanks Bob,
    They gave me the go ahead to do what ever I want, but to play it safe I will send them a screen shot of the ad before I make it live.

12. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Good luck with it.

14. Thanks From:
    kse

ABW Ambassador
    "What are the rules from Bing & Google on such things??"

Robert already went thru it, you're allowed. I think it would be interesting if Google stopped an affiliate from doing it, since they literally do it themselves with merchants at GAN. Direct to merchant, Google's own affiliate links.

Sorry for bumping this thread,I found this topic on Google .

I have a QS problem with SAS Aff links,I get mostly 5/10 even using custom link(deep link) on Adwords and don't know what to do..I didn't still add my billing info and this is a test campaign.

I tried keyword level URL and many tactics to get better,but it doesn't help much.
    Is that because of Aff link or poor quality of merchant's website?

PS I do DL.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; March 22nd, 2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Removed Link

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread