...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    What is this merchant thinking - Link Exchange?
    Just got through my daily barrage of merchant emails and this one made me reread it twice:

I'm writing to express my sincere appreciation for what you have done for us during the time we had cooperated with each other. And we are doing our best to enlarge the benifits [sic] between us.

We wonder whether you can add an anchor text with our keyword on your website for us? By doing this, we can reciprocal with each other and we are about to give you more commission. There is no doubt that links can be helpful for the click through rate and conversion.

How do you think about this? Please contact with me to talk about the details at [email removed by me] We look forward to a long and rewarding relationship with you!
    Off to send them our rate sheet...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Off to send them our rate sheet...
    Good answer!

hee hee but actually is not funny but pathetic

It kinda depends. Some programs are using third party tracking and aren't benifiting from having the links going straight to their websites. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats something I've wondered about.

I had a site that used a third party biller and the links were not to my site but redirected to my site after a cookie was installed. System worked great, never a problem, but I wonder what was lost in SEO having less links coming to my site?

OK, Done babbling

The Windy City
    Brett, you may want to perform a search on "direct links" or "naked links" to get a general idea of how affiliates feel about them. As an affiliate, my job is to promote your products and send viable prospects to your site. I earn money by sending you site visitors that purchase something, not by helping your SEO efforts.

Keep in mind that I am trying to rank for the same keywords that the merchants that I promote are. Why on earth would I help them outrank me by giving them a free link?

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread