This is meant as a joke if anyone takes offence please remove it.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Towels or Rags .........

We have been informed that many people of Middle Eastern origin do not like to be called, "towel heads"or "rag heads."

The item they wear on their heads is actually a small sheet. So from now on please call them "little sheet heads."

Thank you for your support. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

How would you feel if canadians were referred to as ice jockeys..

BTW... I did smile.. when I read it...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon,

A few definitions for your pleasure:

narrow-minded: lacking in tolerance or breadth of vision

broad-minded: tolerant of varied views, inclined to condone minor departures from conventional behavior

Note broad-minded does not once mention condoning racist views.

Wayne

Forgot, I was going to stay out of the Daily Chuckle forum. My mistake.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't worry Northern, I thought exactly the same thing you did.

@ my2cents <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How would you feel if canadians were referred to as ice jockeys.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually it would not bother me one iota..........
    I'm a Brit

@ NorthernStudio
    Whilst you are out trying to find yourself a sense of humor get yourself a decent dictionary
    "The Oxford Modern English Dictionary" is a very good one considering we speak English. The correct definition of narrow-minded is <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> rigid or restricted in ones views, intolerant, predjudiced, illiberal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> and of broad-minded is<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> tolerant or liberal in ones views <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So I shall repeat it again and see if it makes more sense now "narrow-minded people stay out" Yes it said exactly what I meant it to say, if you cannot tolerate a bit of good clean rascist humor then stay out.....

I agree that broad-minded does not mention condoning rascist views but if you find this offensive then you need a hell of a lot more than a sense of humor. For your information this joke was told to me by a broad-minded colored gentleman originally from India, a Sikh, he is my local pharmacist actually, and yes he is "a sheet head"

I will repeat I am not rascist one little bit, in fact I will go so far as to say you would be hard pushed to find anyone less rascist than me, but if someone tries to stop me from having a laugh or giving a laugh no matter who's expense it is at then they have a problem.

No offense is meant by this post.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    The thing that I find ironic is that many of the invaders that used the derogatory term "ragheads" prior to the invasion, took to wearing makeshift turbans when they got to the desert, finding out just how good they are at insulating the top of the head from the hard sun, and at keeping sand out of your hair and ears.

Drewbert, you make a good point. People of all races wear those little sheets. I think to say it is a racist joke is narrow minded. Simply because you associate that garb with a certain race. More than one race wear those types of head thingies. (yes, I said thingies)

On the other hand, just because a "person of color" told you that joke (should it be a racist joke) doesn't make it okay to spread it around (only if it is a racist joke). Case in point: Howard stern was booted off several stations because a caller (as I understand it) said the "N" word once. On "Chapelles Show" last night the "N" word must have been said (no exageration) about 80 times. He can say it because he is black. But white people can't say it. Kinda mixed up but that's how it goes I guess.
    Deleted

I wonder where all the liberal race watchdogs were when the "uncle dad" hallmark card (only available in MS AL and Ar) debuted in an earlier thread? BTW Im far from racist and I found both jokes interesting if not funny. Oh, yeah! The Sheethead joke was originally worded as a slam against KKK members as i remember it, and I don't remember alot of pple getting uptight about that either.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread