Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Peyton Manning a Bronco!
    Can't be all bad. In fact, it's a great move - IMhO!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Where did you read this?

My 15 year old daughter is pissed if this is true!

It's true. ESPN Link
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Where did you read this?
    LOL, I live in the Denver Metro area - they have already renamed the stadium...

What to Manning's Mansion or Tebow's Toyhouse?

Tebow who?

I really have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, as someone who was a kid in Denver the year the Broncos started, I've always had a kindly spot in my heart for them.

On the other hand, as someone who's lived in Missouri and been a die-hard KC Chiefs fan for more years than I can remember -- drat! We didn't need Manning in the AFC West! LOL!

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Peyton is a hero to many, he just ended Tebow's NFL career Unless there is a team out there wanting a QB that completed 46.5% of his passes last year, last in the league.

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper also chimed in, saying he hoped Tebow wasn't going anywhere.

"He's a young man, right? And a year or two of working under John Elway and Peyton Manning, you know, I'm not sure any other quarterbacks around the country get that opportunity," Hickenlooper said.
    Might have made his career if he gets traded or start his career if he stays.

Great move. As a longtime Broncos fan, I feel it's a good fit for Peyton.

Concerning Tebow:

1. I've heard/read a couple of speculations that he might convert into a running back or tight end to stay in the NFL. That's not really so cynical when you consider the running style of QB he's been with the Broncos.

2. He would NEVER fit into the Broncos' system with Manning at the starting QB spot. Manning's a pocket passer, and given the injuries he's recovering from he's not about to become a scrambling/running QB.

Tebow, on the other hand, is a scrambling/running style QB. The two types of QBs are very different and demand very different play from their offenses, especially the offensive line. Doubt it would work for Tebow to backup Manning for that very reason.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I wouldn't buy #1, why would he step down as a quarterback.

Based on #2 he's out of Denver, just a matter of weeks before we hear something.

I wouldn't buy #1, why would he step down as a quarterback.

Based on #2 he's out of Denver, just a matter of weeks before we hear something.
    I would suggest #1 makes sense for someone who's had real trouble throwing the ball consistently and has been panned by a lot of pro scouts, pro trainers, coaches, etc., as having a lot of trouble passing. Don't remember the numbers for sure, but he had one of the lowest completion rates of any passers in the NFL last year, I think.

But, of course, that's just speculation and with the right kind of coaching and serious work, he might yet become a top NFL quarterback. And one thing I've heard uniformly about the lad is that he's not afraid to study hard and work very hard. (Good attributes in any career plan. LOL!)

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

His stats for Q4 and OT were compared to Payton Manning (2010) on the ESPN site and they were comparable. Of course that didn't make up for the other three quarters. I think he has talent but most of all he now has a brand.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 20th, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

I was watching ESPN and NBS Sports Network today and their were some speculation that Tebow could be traded to the Patriots and they could make him a Tight End. A Tight End?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Not to say Manning won't lead da Broncs to a SB in the first year or two, but while a five year contract for any 36-year-old is very questionable, for a qb coming off three cervical spine surgeries in the past two years, with one of them a cervical fusion, is ludicrous. The contract calls for him to be paid $19 M in 2016, when he will be 40. There is an out, though, If he re-injures his neck during the 2013 season, Denver is off the hook for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I was watching ESPN and NBS Sports Network today and their were some speculation that Tebow could be traded to the Patriots and they could make him a Tight End. A Tight End?
    All NE has are the two best young TEs in the NFL.

From ESPN.com tonight: "Teams that have discussed a trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, either internally or with the Denver Broncos, include the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and New York Jets, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tebow goes to NYJ. Hmmm.

That gives Tebow the best chance to start again. Sanchez is terrible. There will probably be some leadership in the locker room. Sanchez doesn't have any leadership qualities.

Just saw this: Report: Jets acquire Tim Tebow from Broncos for draft picks

Sorry, didn't see it was posted before.
    Last edited by calebtheredwood; March 21st, 2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: apology added.

The Jets pick up Tebow and the Broncos' seventh-round pick for a fourth- and sixth-round choice.
    Not much value.

Telling you there is a FANactical following for Tebow here in Denver, and suppose across the country, but he had to be traded. Very good possibility Manning will play a good solid 3 years and maybe all five. No way was Tebow going to carry a clipboard on the sidelines again - not after becoming a starter last year.

Now to see if the Broncos can pickup some backup QBs - little thin in that department...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sanchez is also a rotten piece of scum, who to this day, despite all of the allegations heaped on Ben Roethlisberger by the media, remains the only NFL quarterback ever arrested for sexual assault. But he had the political and legal powerhouse usc legal department behind him, who quickly and quietly paid of the victim and quashed the pending criminal charge.

On another note, Saints coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year for his "Bounty" program, where Saints' players were rewarded for injuring opposing players.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; March 21st, 2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    That gives Tebow the best chance to start again. Sanchez is terrible. There will probably be some leadership in the locker room. Sanchez doesn't have any leadership qualities.
    I don't see him starting there. Santonio Holmes and the other receivers actually like getting the ball. Probably will just stick him in there on some run packages/wildcat stuff. I can't imagine that playing well with the fans, Tebow in New York.

Side note, Goodell hammered the Saints.
    Last edited by Trust; March 21st, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Wow my two week prediction didn't go two days. Wonder when they started negotiations.

Wonder when they started negotiations.
    It didn't take Denver VP of football operations John Elway long to find a willing suitor for the polarizing southpaw even as the Broncos were removing Tebow's pictures from their Englewood, Colo., facilities prior to Manning's introductory press conference yesterday.
    Would say on Monday...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast