Question Creating sites/pages/posts around niche keywords
    I have a few questions regarding the creation of sites/pages/posts around niche keywords.

First question... formula for finding great niche keywords. Right now, I'm using Google Adwords Keyword Tool and an allintitle: "keyword keyword" search.

I would like to know what a good search to competition ratio would be? I have two examples:

Example #1: This keyword is based on the city of Baltimore

Google Adwords Keyword (phrase) search for "Example Example Example" returned a monthly volume search of 480 per month (16 daily)

allintitle: "Example Example Example" returned 1,610 competing pages. The top 10 sites on first page are of poor competing quality, some not even on the same topic.

Example #2: This would be a nationally used keyword phrase

Google Adwords Keyword (phrase) search for "Example Example Example" returned a monthly volume search of 6,600 per month (220 daily)

allintitle: "Example Example Example" returned 22,400 competing pages. The top 10 sites contain some heavy hitters, but I do see a couple questionable sites that I might be able to rank against, of course one of those sites was starting in 1998.

So, based on these two examples am I on the right track?

What would be the best search return count to competition count for using a successful keyword?

Now, once we have our niche keyword, should we design an entire site around it? or... should we design a broader website and target niche keywords within the site using pages/posts?

I would really appreciate some input, thanks.

I think a lot of this depends on your level of skill. Obviously if you're very experienced you can compete for more competitive keywords.

I'd also recommend looking at the estimated CPC. If it's low the keywords might not be something that converts very well.

When in doubt go super niche.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    I think a lot of this depends on your level of skill. Obviously if you're very experienced you can compete for more competitive keywords.

I'd also recommend looking at the estimated CPC. If it's low the keywords might not be something that converts very well.

When in doubt go super niche.
    So, can you explain what a good ratio would be? what is considered super niche? what search to competition ratio is good? whole site? or pages/posts?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread