George Phillips, of Meridian Mississippi, was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

When George opened the back door to go turn off the light he, saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?" He said no.

Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George:
    "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT...

Great stuff

PERFECT!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, I have a similar story, kinda funny. Where I used to work, the windows on my floor overlooked the top of a parking garage. One winter's day, I saw these two people walk over to a wall and start spray painting graffiti all over it. Now, this was a brand new parking garage, it kinda ticked me off. So, I called the police, and told them, if they hurried, they could catch these folks.

One hour later, a police car rolled up to the top floor, the guy got out, inspected the painting, then had the operator call me back to verify that I had really seen this, because the paint looked like it had been there for a while..... The 'artists' had taken their time, maybe fifteen minutes, but were long gone.

Fast forward to spring. I notice two people strolling along the top floor again, so I kinda keep an eye on them, just to see if they whip out spray paint again. Well, they wandered over to the elevator room - which had a full, wall sized window facing towards my building.

All of a sudden, they start whipping clothes off, and before you know it, they are naked on the floor on the elevator room going to town!

Needless to say, work on my floor came to a halt - everyone was laughing staring out at this couple in disbelief, they had no clue anyone was watching them. A couple of the folks wrote '10' on signs and held them up.

Someone called the police on the couple, though, and within a minute or two, you could here the tires squealing as the squad cars raced to the top of the parking lot. As the policemen led the evil criminals to the squad car, the lady finally looked up and noticed the floors of people waving, and she gave a half hearted wave back.

People spray painting the walls of a new parking garage, no response. Add naked people, baby, and the tires squeal!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Sounds so urban legend to me (original story) but just in case someone wants to try this, if you get charged with filing a false report you are in big trouble.

My husband is a detective and unfortunately, they do have to prioritize situations where people are in danger over people's shed's being robbed, but they do attend to those calls as well.

He has been called out of bed ( on his time off ) many times for rape reports that turned out to be nothing more than a teenager wanting to get a boyfriend in trouble. Those are cases where a cop could be there in 10 minutes because a girl was possibly raped... but could not be at your shed when it was being robbed.

Helping out in a dangerous situation, vs one where you could lock the door and perhaps wait an extra 15 minutes for an on duty unit rather than get someone out of bed that rarely gets a full nights sleep.

The sex story is interesting,,, yet another I would find more priority than graffiti as children could witness the sex act and be harmed emotionally where watching spray painting wouldn't hurt anyone.

My poor hubby, and the thousands of other officers like him... no matter what they do, all police are crap according to the public. :0( And yes, he eats doughnuts... but not in uniform.

No one is forced to shoot crooks. My husband just got called out to a real shooting about ten minutes ago, as always on his time off.

This is a *real* emergency, and he is doing his job. If people want police to be more readily available for the smaller crimes, then they need to hire more and stop complaining about how useless they are when they ones they have often work 10 - 14 hours a day already. Just a thought.

Sorry, this is a bit close to home. I get tired of people ragging on police. *Most* of them work very hard and do an awesome job, for little pay, and little credit.

Yikes, I guess I opened up a can of worms. Anne a big thanks goes out to you and your husband for your sacrifices. You are correct, we do need more police.

I myself would have got my shotgun and Glock and held the criminals at bay until the cops we're able to come. If the criminals want to sling lead I would oblige.

The 2nd Amendment "America's original homeland security"

I think holding them at bay would be a good idea. The law is so twisted. The laws are designed to let everyone go free so you have the same losers out on the street day after day.

The call my hubby went out on last night was the shooting death of a 15 year old boy, accidental , in his own home. *That* was a reason for him to come in on his time out, a horrifying thing that needed immediate police attention. There are so many small crimes that happen in the midst of the big crimes, and just not enough police to cover them.

When my daughter disappeared last summer ( age 6) it took twenty minutes for the police to get here and my husband works for the force. I almost lost my mind. Thankfully she was found ( ugh, right in our house, she was hiding and fell alseep wedged in a space we didn't even know she could fit in). The point again is the kid was in our house, and though we were frantic, it was clearly not an emergency

Sorry to take this so personally, it just hits a hot button in our house. If it weren't for affiliate marketing, we couldn't even afford our house payments. Police work is truly a duty of the heart and the public needs to get more guys out there ( and more judges that will actually make criminals "pay" when they do crimes, rather than let them always walk with a slap on the wrist).

Anne,

I love your posts and have always enjoyed your humor - So please do not take too much offense!

Lets try to keep at least ONE area on this entire forum light! There is so much stuff going on here all the time,

JUST ONE

JUST ONE SMALL AREA

PLEASE

KEEP IT LIGHT!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    SandraR, I think I recognise that butt. You haven't been 'hanging out' in any parking garages, have you?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

yes that was me!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread