Lightbulb Real time forum scraper
    Hi everybody I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a real time forum scraper software. I made it for my own use but now need some quick cash so do you think I should move forward with this and make it user friendly and try to sell it or not. Any feedback appreciated!

I know what many would like to ask: so, does it help someone to buy facebook likes?

P.S. What's going on? Is this some kind of an experiment?

Yeah, I've been wondering along these lines myself, login.

In the "old days" (whenever those were!), people were coming to ABW with questions about affiliate marketing. Nowadays we've had all these recent threads about buying links, buying facebook "likes," and here's one about selling forum scraping software.

What's next?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Gary I let the Facebook thread run its course and merged the other start-up threads on the same subject into that one thread. I think its spam but was interested in where it was headed.

Robocop, I'll bit on this one. What is the purpose of a forum scrapper? I work with some affiliate that run price comparison sites and created their own software to scrap merchant sites for pricing/availability. In that senses they are using the technology to get the most up-to-date pricing information and many merchant monitor their sites to stay competitive.

Hi guys, sorry to seem spammy.

Chuck: this piece of software can be used to actively monitor vBulletin forums. A sample use case would be as follows:

1. User enters list of desired forums into the software.

2. User enters list of keywords into the software.

3. Whenever a thread with the keywords in the title is posted on any of the forums, the software will send out a notification to the user.

This would enable an active affiliate to post a relevant answer to a beneficial topic. For example the affiliate can enter the keywords "where", "buy", and any product name of their choosing. Upon such a notification the affiliate can quickly post an answer into the thread with an affiliate link if allowed.

Please let me know if this makes sense and if anyone sees potential in this tool.

I could see some value in it if someone was searching for places to engage in a micro niche that wasn't very active. However, I have a feeling it would be more used to drive someones spam campaign by following the notifications with an auto responder.

Also, why not set up a Google Alert with your keywords and a forum trigger: "life size fred flintstone blow up dolls" + forum

7. Thanks From:

Please let me know if this makes sense and if anyone sees potential in this tool.
    The fact that you're trying to unload it on somebody else rather than use it shows how much potential you think it has.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

9. Thanks From:

Without a list of forums where posting an aff link is allowed, such a tool is not much more than a Google's Advanced Search.
    Something like: +vBulletin +where +buy +"serious product" -notthisforum.com -notthiseither.com

@robocop, I think you landed in a wrong forum. Try warriorforum.com or blackhatworld.com .....

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Hi everybody I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a real time forum scraper software. I made it for my own use but now need some quick cash so do you think I should move forward with this and make it user friendly and try to sell it or not. Any feedback appreciated!
    I am interested. pm me.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread