Skim Links questions
    I read a few of the posts on this site regarding Skimlinks and while I agree that for established veterans it is not beneficial but for us just starting out it really seems like the way to go. At least until I can get traffic up to be approved by larger companies like CP.

With that said once I am up and running unless I read some horror stories (which I have yet to find) I will likely go with them. One question I have though is can I somehow incorporate them into email?

I plan on making my site very interactive in that there will be alot of communication between myself and the readers via email. The goal being they ask a question and I have an answer with an affiliate link to direct them too so that I potentially receive the commission. I use wordpress so I would likely use the plugin which automatically converts links via the website. So does anyone know how the link is coded? Do they need to click the link while on my site to apply the tracking cookie and receive the commission? Or can I have a private/hidden page where I create the link then simply copy and paste it in the email response back to them?

Thanks for the help. If this needs to be moved to a different section please do so.

Not to veer off topic, but many of my merchants disallow affiliate links in email.. or you need to seek permission on a case-by-case basis. That's one of the reasons I gave up on my monthly newsletter.

I'll let others who run newsletter/email campaigns speak to this, but regardless of how you send the link (skim links or otherwise), you should compile a list of which merchants you can promote via email.

Good luck!

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Not to veer off topic, but many of my merchants disallow affiliate links in email.. or you need to seek permission on a case-by-case basis. That's one of the reasons I gave up on my monthly newsletter.

I'll let others who run newsletter/email campaigns speak to this, but regardless of how you send the link (skim links or otherwise), you should compile a list of which merchants you can promote via email.

Good luck!
    That is a good point. I have seen where many programs are specific to just your site and prohibit the use of mass emailing. I guess my only argument to this is the fact that it would not be on any sort of newsletter or campaign. It would be specific to that individual I am emailing. This is something I would need to clarify with Skimlinks when I sign up. (Site is a few days away from going live so I have not actually signed up)

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you have decided to use Skimlinks why are you not asking them for assistance?

At least until I can get traffic up to be approved by larger companies like CP.
    Who is CP?

I meant CJ, Commission Junction.

I have not asked Skim Links yet since I have not signed up with them. My site at best is still a few days away more then likely going to be closer to 7 or 10 days. I have chosen not to sign up with them until it is complete to avoid any issues with approval (like I did with Adsense, see below). If this is a feature not available to them I would like to take that 7 to 10 days to see if there are other options available to me rather before the site goes live.

When I attempted to apply with AdSense last week I get a ridiculous message back from Google stating:

"Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Unsupported Language: We've found that the majority of your site’s content is in a language we do not currently support".

I assure you my site is 100% written in English. I am confident this will get reversed but weirder things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Resource212 View Post
    When I attempted to apply with AdSense last week I get a ridiculous message back from Google stating:

"Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Unsupported Language: We've found that the majority of your site’s content is in a language we do not currently support".

I assure you my site is 100% written in English. I am confident this will get reversed but weirder things have happened.
    Don't be so sure of that. Unfortunately, Google seldom admits to a mistake. Their attitude seems to be that they are immune to errors. If they say your site isn't in English then Ваш сайт не на английском языке.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread