Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non Payment by Advertiser
    Hi,

I am currently really only promoting one advertiser on Linkshare and that is Picaboo. They have not been the most reliable payers but I have always got paid in the end.

This time though, they have not paid since October last year. I have emailed them and received no response and I have emailed Linkshare support (in addition to filling out the missing payment forms).

Can any of the Linkshare representatives on this forum give me any idea what is going on and let me know if there is any other action that I can/should take?

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you, no payments from Picaboo dating back to last October. I have $1400 in seriously past due invoices from them and plenty more from the past couple months. I've emailed Linkshare who responded that their accounting group was trying to collect funds from Picaboo but they weren't allowed to disclose any additional information and suggested I contact Picaboo directly. Picaboo hasn't responded to any of my emails and I'm starting to think we won't ever get paid and should remove them

@OP contact LinkShare Support via their email or web form
    @OP - I suggest that you contact LinkShare Support, via email, or via their online web form.

Apparently, Ranae, the LS rep. on this forum, was out of the office, or, she was too busy to participate in the forum, after your post, or she would have replied to you by now.

LinkShare has a vested interest in getting the Advertiser to pay them, if their Collections Dept. can, so they can pay you, and so they can make $ from this. GL!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You can always ask them publicly at

https://www.facebook.com/picaboo

The owe me money also and haven't paid in a long time so i quit promoting this scum merchant. My question is since they haven't paid since October why is Linkshare allowing them to still be active on their network?

They have gotten so past due that at least 2 months of history have dropped off the advertiser payment screen. I know they still say awaiting payment, but it is bad when you can even check to see if they have paid linkshare for Oct & Nov... still no response from Picaboo. Linkshare replied that they were working with Picaboo to help resolve some invoicing errors, but come on... this is ridiculous!

I am finally giving up on promoting them too . It makes me sad, because they have a great product that converts well for me. I kept hoping this would get resolved but whats the point if I am just being ripped off? I'm pretty angry at both them and Linkshare for the lack of communication too. I've sent messages to both and had no response.

Whats even more annoying is that they are still promoting their affiliate program on picaboo.com and Linkshare is still promoting them when they havent paid their bills in over 7 months! It must be really great to get people to work on your behalf and market your products and then not have to pay a penny for it and nobody even does anything about it.

It looks like Linkshare doesnt respond to these types of complaints on this forum anymore either. I thought they used to?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    LouiseK,

I've been aware of these issues with Picaboo and have been working with our internal teams to get this resolved. I understand your frustration however, at this point, I cannot offer any additional details. I can tell you that we are currently working with Picaboo to try and resolve the payment issue that is why they are still active in our network.

I know mirandag819 was not able to contact them via email but have you had any luck in contacting them?

--Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    LouiseK,

I've been aware of these issues with Picaboo and have been working with our internal teams to get this resolved. I understand your frustration however, at this point, I cannot offer any additional details. I can tell you that we are currently working with Picaboo to try and resolve the payment issue that is why they are still active in our network.

I know mirandag819 was not able to contact them via email but have you had any luck in contacting them?

--Ranae
    At what point does Linkshare say enough is enough... You've allowed them to stay on the network for 8 months without making a payment. It would be one thing if there was a problem with October and you were still working to resolve it, but they haven't paid a single month since then.

I'm also guessing Linkshare has just given up on even sending them an invoice because when I look at my advertiser payment history it still just shows -- for the past couple of months instead of awaiting payment like it does after linkshare has invoiced them.

mirandag819 & LouiseK,

I apologize for the delay here but unfortunately all I can tell you now is that we are working with the Advertiser to get the Publisher payments sent to us and processed for you. I can't guarantee anything but I do know we are working on it.

--Ranae

I filed a complaint with the BBB and I finally got an email response to one of the emails I had sent to Picaboo….this new VP responded to an email I sent on Jan 31. Still don't have payment obviously, but at least they finally responded to one message (guess the BBB might be effective since it got me the first response in 8 months). Here is the email I received:

Thanks for your note. I recently joined Picaboo as VP Finance, and I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

The reason for the delay in payments is that we discovered we had been issuing payments on non-commissionable revenue.

Unfortunately, it will take some development effort to unravel this. Though we have already started scoping this, I expect it will take several weeks before we have a resolution. However, as soon as we have this cleared up, we will actively communicate on any adjustments.

I also note that you have filed a complaint with the BBB regarding this matter. I will also respond to that complaint via the BBB with the same update.

Please let me know if you’d like to discuss further. In the interim, I appreciate your continued patience as we sort through this.

Regards,

Rahul Mathur

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    we had been issuing payments on non-commissionable revenue.
    Which translates too, we have been paying out and we don't want to. There is no such thing as "paying out on non-commissionable revenue". In LS you set your terms, your return days, your SKU files and away you go, anything you leave in is commissionable. So Mr Mathur is, in short, in my opinion, simply looking for a creative way to ensure he pays out as little as possible.

Second on this case, in case folks are not aware. Payments to LinkShare are split. A merchant pays a LS Invoice and an Affiliate Invoice. They are invoiced and paid separately.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Picaboo Corporation Business Review in Palo Alto, CA

What a joke! The BBB shows the report as a positive and says "BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response (2)"

How is finally responding to an email after 8 months a good faith effort when they still haven't paid a penny that they owe or even given a timeline on when payment will be issued??? Uh huh sure they have made a good faith effort!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you filed a complaint specific to not getting paid as an affiliate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Have you filed a complaint specific to not getting paid as an affiliate?
    Yes... the complaint was about not getting paid as an affiliate. I mentioned in the complaint that they hadn't responded to a single message since they stopped issuing payment. Apparently the BBB thought sending a response to a 6 month old email was a "good faith effort" even though the complaint was about lack of payment and their email response didn't change that.

Can you keep the ticket open on the grounds that it hasn't been settled, that usually drives the merchant nuts.

When the BBB came back to me and asked if I was satisfied with the response from Picaboo I said no and that I would be satisfied when they issued payment, yet the BBB closed it and said Picaboo made a good faith effort and I was still unsatisfied. Doesn't make sense to me, I wish they would leave it open!

I would open another ticket with the exact same information. That's how I get things done at some of the networks, they send a canned response then close the ticket. I keep opening it until I get action or a call from a VP. The other thing you can do is contact that BBB chapter and talk to them about it.

19. Thanks From:

I guess after 10 months linkshare finally had enough and removed them. Picaboo is no longer listed on linkshare and is now listing AIM on their affiliate page on their website.

I received a message from Picaboo stating that they have ended their relationship with linkshare as of 8/24 and that they will be paying outstanding commissions. Of course, I haven't seen a payment yet and I have no idea how long it will take and whether it will be the amount I am expecting. At this point, I feel like anything is a bonus.

Picaboo on ShareASale - was linkshare payment resolved?
    Was the payment issue with Linkshare resolved? I saw that Picaboo is now on ShareASale, but I am leary because I too am owned back pay. Picaboo said it was an issue with Linkshare incorrectly tracking payments from links that went to deal vendors, like City deals or Groupon. The links were incorrectly giving credit to the wrong affiliates.

Sigh...not sure this affiliate thing is really working out very well.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Ooh has anyone told Brian over at SAS? He'd go nuts as he's very strict on leakage and dodgy practices.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by dgpapenfuss View Post
    Was the payment issue with Linkshare resolved? I saw that Picaboo is now on ShareASale, but I am leary because I too am owned back pay. Picaboo said it was an issue with Linkshare incorrectly tracking payments from links that went to deal vendors, like City deals or Groupon. The links were incorrectly giving credit to the wrong affiliates.

Sigh...not sure this affiliate thing is really working out very well.
    No it wasn't resolved, at least not for me. Linkshare is still saying they are working on the issue with Picaboo, but they sound less optimitic that payment will ever be recieved. Picaboo has gone back to not responding to emails after some message months ago saying it would be resolved in a week.

It has now been over a year since I've been paid by Picaboo!

It's a real shame, I really did like their product and enjoyed referring friends and family to them too. It's left a real bad taste in my mouth and not only will I not be referring them any more traffic, but I need to find a new photo company for my own business. I personally spent $500 plus with them last year but there is no way I will be spending another penny there.

Christina at Picaboo sent me a message telling me they worked out a payment plan with Linkshare and have already made payments on the payment plan (she wouldn’t say how long of a time period the payment plan is stretched over)… Linkshare customer service still claims they haven’t been paid anything by Picaboo. One of them isn’t telling the truth, but not sure which one.

Hi mirandag819,

I can confirm that LinkShare and Picaboo have worked out a payment plan over the next several months. As we receive payments we will be making the payments out to the publishers. Unfortunately, I cannot share the details of the frequency and payment plan.

--Ranae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast