Buildmyrank.com shutting down after google de-index
    I'm posting this as SEO news, rather than as a merchant update (it seems they also had an affiliate program).

BuildMyRank.com Link Building Service Featuring High Quality One-Way Backlinks Its Been a Great Run!!

This should serve as a reminder to everyone that buying backlinks for the purpose of passing PageRank is against Google TOS - good idea to read their policy on the topic Paid links - Webmaster Tools Help

There should be some interesting fallout - how many other similar services will be impacted? And what will happen when backlinks from those (network) sites are devalued? ie. will their clients be swept up in this..?

That, overall, is a good thing. Contrived placement in the SERPS does not indicate or add value for the end user of a site. It is, in effect, a lie as to the value of a site. ALL of those links should, and hopefully will, be devalued.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

3. Thanks From:

Two things come to mind:
    1. Lack of customers.
    2. Inability to deliver.
    The bye-bye letter is as bogus as their business model.
    Those who can - do, those who can't - teach/preach/writeEbooks/sell-a-dream/upsell-while-at-it.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    This should serve as a reminder to everyone that buying backlinks for the purpose of passing PageRank is against Google TOS
    Oh No. Against Google's TOS? That's almost illegal in my state!

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    There should be some interesting fallout - how many other similar services will be impacted?
    I wasn't in BMR or other type services. Things to the masses don't appeal to me. But, I can see why they would appeal to the masses...... Because they work. Sure, links will be devalued as the network gets deindexed, some rankings will drop. But those links will eventually be replaced by GND and HNK and whatever other 3 letter network pops up, and rankings will go back to where they were.

As proven by this SEOMoz blog post, unfortunately, crappy backlinks work. And before someone comes in and says.. yeah, but look at their rankings now, its only short term. You wouldn't want to rank #2 for 'car insurance' and other similar terms for 3 months? I'm guessing any money they spent getting there, they made back 10X+. Rinse and repeat. I would take that investment any day and twice on Sunday.

So unfortunately, no matter what rhetoric is spewed by SEOMoz and other 'Google' bloggers, crappy backlinks from networks like BMR will continue to work. Paid backlinks work as shown by JCPenny and Overstock. Those sites would not have gotten caught unless a competitor outed them to whatever media outlet 'broke' the story, thus forcing Google to take manual action to not look bad. All backlinks work. And if crappy backlinks start to have a negative effect on sites (as might be possible as seen by all the GWT unnatural link warnings), get ready for negative SEO.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Lack of customers.
    2. Inability to deliver.
    The bye-bye letter is as bogus as their business model.
    Those who can - do, those who can't - teach/preach/writeEbooks/sell-a-dream/upsell-while-at-it.
    I don't know what your getting at here but BMR certainly did not have a lack of customers.

There should be some interesting fallout - how many other similar services will be impacted? And what will happen when backlinks from those (network) sites are devalued? ie. will their clients be swept up in this..?
    I read in some SEO news sites that similar services were hit as BMR was, but they're the only ones that came out. There's a possibility that their clients will see a decrease in their PRs I suppose since Google looks at the quality of your site's backlinks.

Moral of the story: do not try and outwit The Google.

LOL.

Seriously though, avoid buying links. They would do your site more harm than good.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by JDIZM View Post
    I don't know what your getting at here but BMR certainly did not have a lack of customers.
    In case you're right, then maybe the Statue of Liberty should be replaced with a Statue of Bernie Madoff's Balls, and my 1st statement with "1. Lack of evolution"
    That's sad... And that's why I insist on my original statement. *LOL*

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread