I received an email from CJ announcing the searchcactus.com affiliate program. It didn't sound like a program that would work on my sites, I went their website and was looking around to see what kind of site it was. Then it prompted me to grant it permission to install Gator. I of course said no, and closed my browser.

Just wondering if anyone else was aware of this.

If I recall correctly, SearchCactus was/is a search engine that supposedly pays people to use it. The problem is that I've read dozens and dozens of reports about people hitting the payment threshold and then having their accounts cancelled.

I'd avoid them at all costs.

Q-pon Central
    Coupons and deals since 1998
    http://www.qponcentral.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    SearchCactus doesn't even deserve to be on the unethical network called CJ. Getting an affiliate network to support any search engine merchant seems like a waste of affiliates seeking shoppers. Are some sites so lame that they have to send their visitors off to the general internet to find products for a few cents??

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hehhee. Yea, Their site looked VERY spammy. They didn't sound good from the email I got. When they said, people can make $500 in a few minutes, I knew it couldn't be too good. I wanted to see what kind of sites they had listed in their search engine. Just wanted to bring up the Gator issue. Maybe I should have posted this in the parasite forum. O well.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread