Is web hosting reviews a good first affiliate site?
    I just got into affiliate marketing, and since I am a web developer I decided I could easily create helpful content about web hosting. So away I went building my site. Now I have my site up and I'm running adcenter ads to it to test it out. I have one conversion so far and I've only used about $60 ad spend.

I know the web hosting affiliate scene is pretty crowded to say the least, but is it still something that I can be profitable in?

Thanks in advance and any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by erea77 View Post
    I am a web developer I decided I could easily create helpful content about web hosting.
    If you focus on that you should do fine in the hosting affiliate space. Quality helpful content will keep you moving in the right direction.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Why not write reviews on affiliate friendly hosting, Wordpress ready hosting. Where to buy domains as an affiliate. I don't see one nothing current for "where to host an affiliate site"!

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    If you focus on that you should do fine in the hosting affiliate space. Quality helpful content will keep you moving in the right direction.
    Good to know. I got a little nervous after I realized how saturated the web hosting space is.

Would you recommend starting a less crowded niche affiliate site as well?

I just gave you a niche!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Why not write reviews on affiliate friendly hosting, Wordpress ready hosting. Where to buy domains as an affiliate. I don't see one nothing current for "where to host an affiliate site"!
    All great ideas. Thanks for the advice!

Quality helpful content will help, but you are going to be up against some of the better players as well as a lot of grey and black hats in this space. I would laser-focus on a tight sub-niche within web hosting.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

I know the web hosting affiliate scene is pretty crowded to say the least, but is it still something that I can be profitable in?
    To add to the marvelous ideas Chuck has mentioned, you can further branch out your site to include good references/tools for affiliate marketers like which web design software is best for affiliates, what are the networks they can sign up as an affiliate, etc.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Quality helpful content will help, but you are going to be up against some of the better players as well as a lot of grey and black hats in this space. I would laser-focus on a tight sub-niche within web hosting.
    Like the suggested sub-niches above?

I've been researching sub-niches within web hosting but I just don't know what kind of search volume these sub-niches need in order to qualify as a sub-niche to go after. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    To add to the marvelous ideas Chuck has mentioned, you can further branch out your site to include good references/tools for affiliate marketers like which web design software is best for affiliates, what are the networks they can sign up as an affiliate, etc.

Those also sound like great ideas, but if I were to include all of yours and Chucks ideas would my site be too broad?

Then make more than one site.

Then make more than one site.
    Sounds like a plan.

TO EVERYONE:

So do you all usually go for domains with exact match keywords that will give you some easy organic traffic or do you go with more brand sounding domain names??

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post

I just realized your Mark Ling from Affilorama. I just read your "6 rules for affiliate marketers" article. I thought it was a good sunday read but I am wondering how current it is?

I also listened to the Anik Singal podcast which I enjoyed as well. It seemed he was selling himself a bit more than I'd hoped but I guess that's what you have to do.

Also, would you recommend any other content from your site for me?

Thanks

Those also sound like great ideas, but if I were to include all of yours and Chucks ideas would my site be too broad?
    You can do as Chuck suggested. My suggestions are just extra content for your site were you to follow Chuck's recommendation. They would be more of additional related information for your readers, but your site's focus would still mostly be web hosting for affiliate marketers.
    I just realized your Mark Ling from Affilorama. I just read your "6 rules for affiliate marketers" article. I thought it was a good sunday read but I am wondering how current it is?

I also listened to the Anik Singal podcast which I enjoyed as well. It seemed he was selling himself a bit more than I'd hoped but I guess that's what you have to do.

Also, would you recommend any other content from your site for me?

Thanks
    Mark Ling is Affilorama's founder. The 6 Rules article that you read is a bit dated, but still a good read for anyone venturing to affiliate marketing. I suggest you register (registration is FREE ) and access our free lessons. The lessons range from website building to SEO and PPC.

Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Where to host an affiliate site

I show 0 searches being performed for "Where to host an affiliate site" according to Google Keyword Phrase matches.

On the other hand... I show only 1 competing site for the term "Where to host an affiliate site".

Can you explain why this would be a good niche to pursue? and I'm not being a smart ass I'm really interested in knowing how this would be a good niche to pursue.

I am on this forum a minimum of two hours a day seven days a week. There are almost daily posts by newbies asking where to get started. You asked for suggestions and maybe that particular keyword search is not the best. Do your homework or come up with your own ideas.

I am on this forum a minimum of two hours a day seven days a week. There are almost daily posts by newbies asking where to get started. You asked for suggestions and maybe that particular keyword search is not the best. Do your homework or come up with your own ideas.
    Yea, I bet the flow is constant of newbies asking where to get started. I actually commend you on your effort to answer all the newbies questions and to give us a sense of welcome. Newbie questions are most always answered with a bit of personal research.

I just thought you might have had some reasoning behind that search, like dominating a search that might eventually gain traction.

Also, if you make a blog post about it, which would only take an hour or two.. you would for sure rank high on it.

Webhosting is a very crowded niche. PPC is very hard.

To build upon Chuck's idea.. here is one more long tail. "web hosting for affiliate marketers"
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by vivekar View Post
    Webhosting is a very crowded niche. PPC is very hard.

To build upon Chuck's idea.. here is one more long tail. "web hosting for affiliate marketers"
    Hope that helps.
    Ok, "web hosting for affiliate marketers" has zero searches being performed according to Google Keyword Phrase search.

The niches being suggested go against everything I've read about choosing a niche keyword.

I'm truly interested in the thought process behind this.

Or.... are these just creative suggestions or general ideas that would rely on the marketer to do there own research.

Or.... are these just creative suggestions or general ideas that would rely on the marketer to do there own research.
    Yep

IMO affiliates have destroyed the web hosting review niche, most of it is made up rubbish & none of them have actually tested most of the hosts.

I'm about to launch something disruptive in this space which won't be driven by affiliate fees but what the actual best host is for your requirements.
    Merchants, build your own coupon landing pages with [URL="http://couponzor.com/"]Couponzor[/URL] - Example Landing Page: [URL="http://istockphoto.couponzor.com/"]iStockPhoto Coupons[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by andymisiu View Post
    Ok, "web hosting for affiliate marketers" has zero searches being performed according to Google Keyword Phrase search.

The niches being suggested go against everything I've read about choosing a niche keyword.

I'm truly interested in the thought process behind this.

in superCool's opinion you are looking at this too much as a science. it's really a combination of art, science, psychology, observation and magic.

the scientific approach works great for some people, but there are many other ways to skin a cat.

Yep
    I actually found a fantastic sub niche from your suggestions. Obviously I'm not expecting anyone on this forum to do detailed keyword research for me, but the suggestions helped me arrive at a good sub niche.

25. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by thegyppo View Post
    IMO affiliates have destroyed the web hosting review niche, most of it is made up rubbish & none of them have actually tested most of the hosts.

I'm about to launch something disruptive in this space which won't be driven by affiliate fees but what the actual best host is for your requirements.
    So is this a warning to get out while I can?

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread