Lightbulb A little help would be much appreciated.
    I am still a newbie to this business but it seems to be something that caught my interest on the first day.

My main target is to increase traffic to our Company's website and I heard blogs is a good way of doing that.

If there is anything that can give me a certain line/plan to walk with would be great , hard work or creative work is something I am capable of but the ways of doing it are still a blurred image since I only just started.

Thank you for reading.
    Tarek
    Last edited by calebtheredwood; March 27th, 2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Removed Link Drop

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Blogs are a good way to create content to bring attention to your site. Take a look at Overclockers: The Performance Computing Community for Overclocking Hardware and How to Overclock Information one of the sister sites to ABW for an idea of how they incorporated a blog into their home page.

Hi Tarek,

You'd want to consider what you'll be blogging about first and once you have decided on that you can move on to adding a blog to your company's domain like www.yourcompany.com/blog. Here's a beginner's guide to starting a blog that I cam across:
    How to Start a Blog - A Complete Guide to Setting up a Blog

I hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Affiliate Manager
    additional questions
    Articles that tell you how to start a blog recommend that you blog about something you like and are passionate about, does that include talking about the product you are selling? I practice yoga and i like yoga but i am selling a product to help people in chronic pain so which one do i write about?

Also are blogs meant to attract the end customers/buyers or affiliates? My current goal right now is to attract affiliates but not sure if blogging is the right avenue...

what do you think?

Articles that tell you how to start a blog recommend that you blog about something you like and are passionate about, does that include talking about the product you are selling?
    Yes but if you are selling a product it shouldn't look like an advertisement but rather information. The work the reader down the content funnel to a link to buy.

I practice yoga and i like yoga but i am selling a product to help people in chronic pain so which one do i write about?
    Is your audience people interested in yoga or chronic pain?

Also are blogs meant to attract the end customers/buyers or affiliates?
    Depends on the blog. If you are trying to attract affiliate you wouldn't be pitching products but you may be talking about products they could market.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Yes but if you are selling a product it shouldn't look like an advertisement but rather information. The work the reader down the content funnel to a link to buy.
    I already have some compelling content that doesn't look or sound like an ad. but what is the call to action 'sign up to be an affiliate' or 'buy now' or both? Also, is a blog the right place to put his content/call to action? or should i post my articles somewhere else?

Is your audience people interested in yoga or chronic pain?
    chronic pain.

Depends on the blog. If you are trying to attract affiliate you wouldn't be pitching products but you may be talking about products they could market.
    I only have 1 product to market.

Affiliate Manager
    Maybe i should publish the article in the review section and ask them what to do with it...??

Good idea!

Affiliate Manager
    Chuck, can i also post my affiliate program sign up web page for review? its where affiliates can go to learn about my product and sign up to be an affiliate. just want to be sure that's ok to share.
    thx

Start with your site and we will take it from there.

I know it's kind of old thread, but I just wanted to say this:

Yes, blogs play a huge role in business, especially in 2013.

Setting up a blog is actually quite easy process. Heck you can even start it at blogger or on wordpress.com

Or you can install it on your own domain. Most of the hosting companies have one-click-installation so it's not very difficult, even for a person who is not internet-savvy.

Anyhow, I hope you got it done now.

12. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread